New forum version

Trying twice on mobile, is the reply feature supposed to link or reference the post that you clicked reply on? In the top thrill drag strip thread it didn't and it doesn't look like it has in this one either.

Still haven't been able to uncross these circuits...
DJ Fischer

No, reply just opens the reply box. The quote button does quoting.

Jeff - Advocate of Great Great Tunnels™ - Co-Publisher - PointBuzz - CoasterBuzz - Blog - Music

Ah so a PEBKAC error on my end. Thank you.

DJ Fischer

Is there any way to switch to a dark mode?

"I'd rather be in my boat with a drink on the rocks,
than in the drink with a boat on the rocks." - Pete Babic (RIP)

"The joint on the site of the old antique cars is the tits." - Jeff Putz

Maybe some day, when the libraries make it easy.

Jeff - Advocate of Great Great Tunnels™ - Co-Publisher - PointBuzz - CoasterBuzz - Blog - Music

Trying to vote on a post and it doesn't seem to be doing anything or recognizing the click. Also when trying to click on the existing post to see who had voted on it I got a service key exception error key already exists?

Copied the error text

System.ArgumentException: An item with the same key has already been added. Key: 10539 at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.TryInsert(TKey key, TValue value, InsertionBehavior behavior) at System.Linq.Enumerable.ToDictionary[TSource,TKey,TElement](List`1 source, Func`2 keySelector, Func`2 elementSelector, IEqualityComparer`1 comparer) at PopForums.Sql.Repositories.PostRepository.GetVotes(Int32 postID) at PopForums.Services.PostService.GetVoters(Post post) at PopForums.Mvc.Areas.Forums.Controllers.ForumController.Voters(Int32 id) at lambda_method667(Closure , Object ) at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Mvc.Infrastructure.ActionMethodExecutor.TaskOfActionResultExecutor.Execute(IActionResultTypeMapper mapper, ObjectMethodExecutor executor, Object controller, Object[] arguments) at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Mvc.Infrastructure.ControllerActionInvoker.

Last edited by TwistedCircuits,

DJ Fischer

FWIW, just now I was able to see who voted on previous posts in this thread, as well as upvote, check, then un-upvote the above post.

Brandon

TwistedCircuits:

Trying to vote on a post...

Which specific post? This particular forum has some suboptimal data in a few places (because it's been around 20 years) and I haven't always coded defensively around that. If you right click/long touch the link icon in that post, then copy link, you'll get the specific link for that post to share here.

Nevermind, I saw it in the logs. It was this post. Should be OK to vote up now.

I'll use that link for specific issues in the future! Thank you.

DJ Fischer

Evening Jeff, not sure if this is a device/software issue or a combination of that and a compatibility issue with the website but I wanted to let you know and see what your thoughts are. I've got a pixel 3 XL running Chrome and on this post from Kevinj Here The images will not load in. I've noticed this on several other posts in the past and it seems to be with embedded images on this mobile device specifically.

I don't remember this issue in the past on this device as I was using it for a while.

Edit:

This post has one image that loaded for me and one that didn't. Just the missing file icon.

Edit 2:

Apparently I'm not the only one experiencing this, maybe it's not the forum but the method people are embedding images from some sources and then a compatibility issue with the device accessing them. VWHoward experienced the same issue I did (he posted here) referencing KevinJs post here which seems to be embedding a Google image link when I try and open that directly on my device it shows the grey content not available circle.

Last edited by TwistedCircuits,

DJ Fischer

It has nothing to do with the forum. Those images are hosted on Google Photos and don't have share permissions to embed it in another site.

In the thread you're referring to, I shared the photo using the newer upload option in a new post. In my previous post I had used the old "copy image address" option I had grown accustomed to using google photos as the source.

Promoter of fog.

Interesting. Kevin the new Pop upload that you posted worked without issues for me.

DJ Fischer

Yesterday the Kevin picture showed up fine. Today the new picture shows up but the picture from yesterday now does not.

One thing I noticed (although it was happening with the old software as well) is that sometimes on the longer threads (i.e. the Dragster 2022 Status thread) when you click on the icon for new posts it sends you to the original post in the thread, instead of the first new/unread post. (And yes, there are new unread posts in the thread when this happens) Has this been happening to anyone else? If so, I'd guess it is probably a bug in the Pop Forums app, as opposed to anything Jeff can fix on the config end of things.

If it is a bug, I think Jeff can work something out with that Pop Forums guy... :)

If it doesn't go to the newest post, you either missed the icon or you've already seen the newest post. That code hasn't changed in a decade.

Kevin: This post has an image on Google Photos. You can see it because it's your photo. We can not. On desktop, right-click and view the image in a new tab. You'll see the URL is the Google.

Jeff:

If it doesn't go to the newest post, you either missed the icon or you've already seen the newest post. That code hasn't changed in a decade.

I have been seeing the same thing happen to me lately as well. I think it started before the new version.

It is possible that a rogue ad could interfere, if it fails to load. Not much I can do about that.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service