HalloWeekends Fast Lane

My guess is that attendance will be the same whether it’s 4 houses or 20. Whether it’s all new themes or whether they’re all reruns. And that’s only a couple reasons why they don’t feel pressed to reveal details.

If it's all the same, why not put out the info with the caveat that it's not finalized?

For some actual data, cpfoodblog has details again: 2022-cedar-point-halloweekends-guide. I think this is an acceptable compromise, they tell people who can put the info out without having to make an official statement they may have to fix later.

Looks like Midnight syndicate will have a new show. They also had the shipping crate stages from Boneyard next to celebration stage, and Red Garter has the Fangtastics sign up.

GBB88 said:

It's poor planning if you can't clarify your event a month out.

Unless that was the plan all along, then it was the perfect plan! Universal just released all their event details with less than 30 days to their opening night. Pretty sure this isn't too far off the norm for these events at parks.

C'mon Chris, it's far more likely that the incompetent hacks in Marketing just totally forgot to promote HW this year.

Brandon

I guess Sea World dropped the ball too because just today is when they released their details and Hall-O-Scream opens up on the 9th. Complete failures.

I'm curious what the "make or break" would even be anyway. You either want to go to a Halloween event or you don't, and it's more or less the same thing year after year.

Promoter of fog.

Same. My decision to buy a season pass to Halloween Horror Nights was decided before they even had an operating schedule.

Another halloweekends hint, the lakeside express building now has picnic tables set up outside, and tonight the interior lights were on.

99er said:

Same. My decision to buy a season pass to Halloween Horror Nights was decided before they even had an operating schedule.

Right, but 1) HHN is a radically different experience year to year and 2) if you go to HHN, you already know Howl-O-Scream is going to be different from HHN if you visit SWO, for example.

There is less value to me visiting Kings Island's Haunt if the haunts are largely just carbon copy of Cedar Point's, and that's an important data point in planning what, factoring in travel, is a multi-day trip.

(And if the haunts are just going to be the same ol' -- Slaughter House, Fearground etc. -- just say that then!)

About the only carbon copy between the two parks are the names and maybe a large prop here and there.

If you are making (or not making) a trip to CP or KI specifically for the theme and content in the haunted houses, you're doing Ohio park haunt season wrong.

The houses in both parks are essentially the same every year. The draw is the cozy fall feel on the midways, seeing and smelling the fall leaves, and riding coasters in the dark and in cool weather. The houses are just an added bonus.

Cartwright said:

If you are making (or not making) a trip to CP or KI specifically for the theme and content in the haunted houses, you're doing Ohio park haunt season wrong.

The houses in both parks are essentially the same every year. The draw is the cozy fall feel on the midways, seeing and smelling the fall leaves, and riding coasters in the dark and in cool weather. The houses are just an added bonus.

There isn't a right/wrong way to do amusement parks, FYI.

Speak for yourself, Wrongy McWrongerson.

We are here to judge all trips to the amusement park.

GBB88 said:

1) HHN is a radically different experience year to year

Agree that the house/scare zone line-ups change year to year, but I would not say it's a "radically" different experience. The recipe is the same pretty much every year, and after going to HHN once, you get the feel for what the event is like. That's the reason you can buy your ticket in advance of the maze line-up, just like at CP.

380 MF laps
Smoking Area Drone Pilot

LOL I genuinely chuckled at the last few responses. I appreciate the back and forth. Nice to disagree online in a place that isn't toxic. Strange vibe, I know!

Either way -- yeah, I bought Cedar Point + KI tickets for 10/7, 10/8 and 10/9. With FaLP and FrLP ... definitely steeper than I last remembered!

Last edited by GBB88,

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service