Assault

I bet his middle name is Wayne.
If he thinks CP is the land of inappropriate touching he should enjoy prison.

My fear/ thought is a homophobic guest attacked the ride attendant that could have been tagged as LGBTQ.

Beer and golf Thursday thru Monday, Cedar Point & beer, Tuesday and Wednesday.

Can you see One-Eyed-Willie from the top of Magnum?

Sadly this will only empower IROC to establish more bull**** policies that add time to dispatch intervals...

Corkscrew, Power Tower, Magnum, & Monster/ Witches Wheel Crew 2011

That's a pretty weird leap to make.

Jeff - Advocate of Great Great Tunnels™ - Co-Publisher - PointBuzz - CoasterBuzz - Blog - Music

Not at all.

How to check bars and belts withOUT invading the

customer's privacy, privates, and dignity. Not a "weird"

leap at all. What is WEIRD is the world we all live in

now.

Last edited by DaveDzRochNY,

In all honesty, why don't we have self-checking restraints? Why do we need the human factor for new attractions? That would immensely increase throughput on rides. I almost wonder if it's just a showcase to give the general public rider peace of mind that they are safe, having been "checked" by an operator.

380 MF laps
Smoking Area Drone Pilot

DVO you may be on to something there. It wouldn't surprise me if that's part of IROCs concept back to thedevariouseffect point. Some of it does seem more showy or theatrical ot me. People should be responsible for themselves.

Still haven't been able to uncross these circuits...
DJ Fischer

I guess I wouldn't go so far as to say people are responsible for themselves, in the realm of high-intensity thrill attractions. But sensors and programmable logic exists. It seems like it shouldn't be groundbreaking technology to have an automated system for securing and checking restraints these days.

380 MF laps
Smoking Area Drone Pilot

I think of the recent rides such as Valravn and Steel Vengeance. They both have a screen that shows the green/red status of the restraints. Is the problem the seat belts meaning that they have to be manually checked?

I bet it’s an insurance thing making cedar fair check so no one can blame them, like said above it’s a weird world we live in. Too many sue happy people:

Every modern car has a seat belt sensor. The only thing that's not captured by the "green/red" status is the size of the rider. If a 48" child gets on a big coaster and only pulls the restraint until it just reaches the "green" status, then that restraint is likely very loose on them. But again, those kinks can be worked out with modern technology.

380 MF laps
Smoking Area Drone Pilot

You still need ride ops. Their job doesn't just entail checking restraints. It may be the most visual part of their job you see. There's so many other facets they're there to perform.

• E-Stop the ride should a serious fault occur
  • First hand experience with the ride for evac protocols
  • Guest safety & best practices for maintaining efficiency (think ADA enter / exit, etc)
  • Overall general maintenance of the ride area (not the ride...sweeping, cleaning, presentation, etc.)

Even if you get computer controlled restraints there will still always be a human element. The same argument is often made towards the aviation community. So many people usually just say "the planes fly and can land themselves" but there's so much more than a PIC & FO do up front that isn't visualized.

Corkscrew, Power Tower, Magnum, & Monster/ Witches Wheel Crew 2011

Could automating the restraint system in that way help free up the write-ups and speed up the operations though? I'm not sure of all of their responsibilities but those all sound reasonable, could taking a physical restraint check off of their requirement allow them to do those other jobs better and speed up the guest experience?

Still haven't been able to uncross these circuits...
DJ Fischer

TwistedCircuits said:

Could automating the restraint system in that way help free up the write-ups and speed up the operations though? I'm not sure of all of their responsibilities but those all sound reasonable, could taking a physical restraint check off of their requirement allow them to do those other jobs better and speed up the guest experience?

I doubt that, in today's world, Insurance Companies wouldn't require some type of "manual" check of ride restriants.

Disney has guests pull up on their own restraints while the cast members watch to make sure they are all secure. It keeps lines moving, and they don’t seem to have a problem with insurance.

I may be wrong, but I believe both Disney and Cedar Fair are self-insured. So it would probably be their legal teams making those decisions.

Or iROC

Bluestreaker said:

I may be wrong

Yes.

Jeff - Advocate of Great Great Tunnels™ - Co-Publisher - PointBuzz - CoasterBuzz - Blog - Music

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service