Demon Drop

I love Mike Polk and thought this was pretty cool.

https://www.wkyc.com/article/life/people/mike-polk-jr/mike-polk-jr-...f58d5bf7ae

Thought I would share

Thanks. That was fun. Now I want to go back to Dorney. My one and only trip there got cut short by a hurricane that came up the coast.

Is Steven Strange one of us on this board?

While I'm not usually a fan of Mike Polk Jr, I have to say I enjoyed this piece. It's also fun to see that other folks from the area still remember Demon Drop fondly. Makes me want to take a road trip out to Allentown and ride it myself! (Last time I was there was 2006.)

Speaking of rides from the Northern Ohio area, I'm surprised he didn't mention Possessed... ;)

How can you not like this:

Love that one!!!!!!!

I'll admit, that was funny (because it's true!) as was his "Cleveland, at least we aren't Detroit" video. But nothing else that he did really struck me as "OMG Hilarious!!!!!11" I tend to like old Mystery Science Theater 3000 episodes, Seinfeld, and Curb Your Enthusiasm, so the style of humor that I enjoy isn't quite like what Mr. Polk dishes out.

Sorry!

RayP1970 said:

Speaking of rides from the Northern Ohio area, I'm surprised he didn't mention Possessed... ;)

I'm sure there is still some sort of nondisclosure about bringing that place up :)

I miss Demon Drop as well! Glad I got to take a spin on it at DP my last visit there.

Those 1st gen drop rides from Intamin were the best! I was surprised when he mentioned three others still exist outside the U.S..

Of the newer drop rides, Hellevator was my favorite.

It was refreshing to see a feature story like this actually get the facts right.

They referred to it as a coaster twice though…that sounds like a pipe scream discussion…

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service