Garlic Parm Fries Changed

Afternoon all, it's been quite some time since I've seen many of you.

A friend of mine went to a few Cedar Fair parks this year, I've been busy with new work situations, etc. However, this development made me pop over and take a look if anyone has info. Every Cedar Fair park they've been to that offers fresh cut fries with garlic parm offers these fries that look right...until they goop the sauce all over them. Apparently the oil dredged garlic nectar with parm and seasoning bits is a thing of the past apparently?

I can't see on CP's food blog or even find a relevant post here -- are the old fries indeed gone or did CP maintain the original setup this season? Thanks again!

Corkscrew, Power Tower, Magnum, & Monster/ Witches Wheel Crew 2011

That looks... less than appetizing. Why not just put the sauce in a plastic ramekin?

Brandon

Or..just leave a known popular and tasty recipe alone. Not a single person was calling for a change to Happy Friar. Ever.

All I can think is it was a logistics issue, stock issue with a vendor, or some new food head inciting "new and exciting changes." It may sound petty, but if this change has happened for fries, I may consider budgeting my September trip in regards to my in park food spending & just break the day up and go into Sandusky for some food...I mean Dirty Dees is still serving the same borderline low quality Denny's it has for ages lol

Sing it with me...(unless im the only one who hears it)

Dir-ty Dees...

And welcome back, Devarious.

Last edited by Kevinj,

Promoter of fog.

It's odd to say it, but there's not a ton of food in Sandusky that's better than what the park is offering right now.

Jeff - Advocate of Great Great Tunnels™ - Co-Publisher - PointBuzz - CoasterBuzz - Blog - Music

There’s Berardi’s, and that’s good enough for me. Their Bloody Mary selection is outstanding.

Also, the pancake house that replaced Perkins I’ve by Meijer, with their huge selection of cold brew and specialty coffee drinks, is worth a visit.

Other than that, and Raising Canes, everything else is meh.

Real upset about the garlic parm change, though. I loved the oily goodness.

That's a bummer, I always liked that greasy oily stuff. The garlic parm on it reminded me of BWW's. Also, just throwing my opinion in on the Sandusky food scene, I actually think it's pretty solid. We usually end up spending a decent portion of our time at CP in town for food and drink. Small City Taphouse, Brick Oven Bistro, OH Taco, and definitely others.

I think I’ve stood in line ahead of every one of you greasy oily garlic parm eaters at one time or another. Blech.

Hey, I’ve only had them once. I prefer about a gallon of malt vinegar and a couple of salt packets, but I definitely would have ordered them again if they remained oily and delicious.

Oh, I forgot about Small City Taphouse. That place is great, too. Also, Hot Dog Tony’s.

If anybody took a closer look, the wrapper in the pictures has Valleyfair on it, so maybe the only park that changed it up is Valleyfair.

Jake Padden
13-Tiques/Wave Swinger
12-Camp Snoopy; Tiques/Wave Swinger
11-CP & LE Railroad Platform; Cedar Creek Mine Ride; Tiques/Wave Swinger

Jeff said:

It's odd to say it, but there's a ton of food in Sandusky that's better than what the park is offering right now.

FIXED...

Pancake house, barra, danny boys, the club, heck even friendship. Travel 10 mins away and you got Angry Bull.....

These are just a few, I didn't even include Derrick Jr, which is definitely better than backbeat and the new frontier town restaurant...

Jeff said:
It's odd to say it, but there's not a ton of food in Sandusky that's better than what the park is offering right now.

Agree with you for sure, Jeff. I saw your blog trip in May regarding restaurants and operations. 100% agree.

I guess I'm more bummed that a staple menu offering was reduced. For sure the other food in the park is top tier. My group has made an effort to eat at the new restaurant that sits on the old Witches Wheel plot. One year they offered little beer batter fried walleye, that was something else. Never would I think I'd see that in a park.

As for others, YES this was taken at Valleyfair. However this friend's wife just had a youth trip up to CP a few months back and had the same experience....I'm thinking this is the new formula for parm garlic fries. I'm 100% crossing my fingers that this is a supply chain issue / cost cut and not how it always will be now.

However, if they touch cheese on a stick, I'll go full Karen lol.

Last edited by thedevariouseffect,

Dispatch Master said:

heck even friendship.

I was shocked by how good the chicken at FriendShip was. I would see the rather arrogant signs stating that they have "Ohio's best chicken" and would always laugh. I mean, how can a freaking gas station I have never heard of have good food? Well, it isn't Ohio's best (that would be on US 250 at Lee's Famous Recipe), but it was FAR better than I expected and I would definitely rank their chicken tenders as better than CP's. The bone-in fried chicken at FriendShip was also quite good.

Aside from Lee's, I was thrilled they opened a Culver's on 250 as well. I have never had bad food from them and their frozen custard is simply the best.

As always, just my opinion. :)

thedevariouseffect said:

However, if they touch cheese on a stick, I'll go full Karen lol.

Speaking of Karens and Cheese of a Stick, when I was at the park in June, I saw a lady go full Karen over her cheese. It had come straight out of the fryer, so there wasn't any internal stability. When she picked up the stick and it kinda flopped to the side (The stick remained inside, but the cheese shifted) she demanded that she be made another one because hers was "broken." She repeated the demand several times, verbally accosting the employee for selling her "broken" cheese. Of course, she also had a very specific ask for how full her soda should be.... leave 3/4 inches at the top so it doesn't spill.

She never did get a replacement cheese for the one that was "Broken" though... I'm sure her next step was to find a manager.

I don't care what form cheese on a stick is. I just want it to be diabetes inducing. Nothing else matters.

RayP1970 said:

Dispatch Master said:

heck even friendship.

I was shocked by how good the chicken at FriendShip was. I would see the rather arrogant signs stating that they have "Ohio's best chicken" and would always laugh. I mean, how can a freaking gas station I have never heard of have good food? Well, it isn't Ohio's best (that would be on US 250 at Lee's Famous Recipe), but it was FAR better than I expected and I would definitely rank their chicken tenders as better than CP's. The bone-in fried chicken at FriendShip was also quite good.

Aside from Lee's, I was thrilled they opened a Culver's on 250 as well. I have never had bad food from them and their frozen custard is simply the best.

As always, just my opinion. :)

Totally agree!

We always stopped at the one on rt 4 in attica then discovered them in Sandusky before realizing they originated in huron or port clinton I believe. The chicken lords blessed us recently as a brand new one just opened 2 minutes from my house in canal winchester!

I used to always frequent Lee's as it was a fond memory from childhood summers spent in xenia but the Sandusky one seems to have fallen off a bit.. plus their lines for some reason are chick fil a long these days.

The best gas station chicken, imo, is Chester’s.
I found one along 270 SE of Columbus. I haven’t tried it yet.

You guys have it all wrong. Everybody knows the best chicken comes from Captain Spaulding's Fried Chicken and Gasoline.

Don't forget to take a spin on the murder ride.

The best chicken is in Cincinnati. Serious

Eagle OTR. It's a life changer.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service