Why does the Corkscrew’s loading station look like a hat?

Could someone make me a hat that looks like the roof of the Corkscrew loading station with the looping logo on the front? I’d wear it!!

😂😂😂

Apparently the nickname for the Corkscrew is “the Blue Pizza Hut” because of the station. LOL! And “Buildings That Used to be Pizza Huts” is a real thing. Seriously, what is up with that look? Was that a defined architectural style back in the 70s?

http://usedtobeapizzahut.blogspot.com

Last edited by Mr. Snrub,

^^^ If you pause this video at 1:13, you’ll see the Gemini loading station looks like a Pizza Hut too!

Don't give them any more ideas for another restaurant.

Justin
Midway Market 2004
Corkscrew ATL 2003
Corkscrew Crew 2002

^This. Corkscrew needs to be an Arrow looper that lasts for a few more good generations.

I can say the top of the station is a skylight in that top hat box area. It does actually provide some good ample light as one season a bird nest blocked one of the skylights and was pretty noticable. Secondly, I wouldn't be surprised if the setup was to help highlight the ride station from a distance, almost akin to a highway restaurant sign. Lastly, not that I know anything here, but given how heat rises, I wouldn't be surprised if the elevated bit helps funnel heat up and away from the platform itself and maybe just a happy little coincidence.

Corkscrew, Power Tower, Magnum, & Monster/ Witches Wheel Crew 2011

That is way too funny......

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service