Bitch session

I’m mourning the loss of the adorably cute Snoopy store. Why go high end trendy? Going “into” Snoppy’s dog house was a highlight of our trips. Now it’s just merch. No cuteness factor at all!
Then there’s the 400.00 I spent for stained pillowcases, the hot tub not working, & someone had bed bugs in a cottage. No comforter, just a thin blanket, beds only made with a sheet. The amenities are not near enough for 400 night. It felt like a discount hotel room. And is there a shuttle to the park from Lighthouse Point we missed?
We always love our trips to the park, but this trip was a bummer.
Maybe if I was on here more I would have been prepared and not as disappointed finding the Snoopy store so drastically changed (in a bad way).
And back to the Breakers for us where at least I can justify the high room charge.
Vent over.

Peace ☮️

[IMG]Yep, miss the early Snoopy Boutique with the Snoopy, Charlie Brown, & Lucy forest way back in the corner. Took a lot of pictures with children back in the far corner.

number of times to Cedar Point:50s/60s/70s/80s-3,1995-1,1996-27,1997-18,1998-13,1999-20,2000-16,2001-8,2002-7,2003-18,2004-14,2005-18,2006-28,2007-16,2008-17,2009-28,2010-26,2011-27,2012-21,2013-18,2014-24,2015-29,2016-46,2017-13,2018-14,2019-10,2020-0,2021-3 Running Total-483 72,000 miles traveled for the point.

[IMG]Loved the setting.

number of times to Cedar Point:50s/60s/70s/80s-3,1995-1,1996-27,1997-18,1998-13,1999-20,2000-16,2001-8,2002-7,2003-18,2004-14,2005-18,2006-28,2007-16,2008-17,2009-28,2010-26,2011-27,2012-21,2013-18,2014-24,2015-29,2016-46,2017-13,2018-14,2019-10,2020-0,2021-3 Running Total-483 72,000 miles traveled for the point.

I hope you complained to someone who could do something about it before complaining to the Internet.

Jeff - Advocate of Great Great Tunnels™ - Co-Publisher - PointBuzz - CoasterBuzz - Blog - Music

Nothing you can do about the store, but the cottage experience surprises me. That's our favorite, and it's been consistently great. That said, like Jeff mentioned I hope you said something the moment you arrived. The only time we had significant issues was about 4 years ago at Breakers, and within an hour we had a free upgrade to a Lakeview Suite with a balcony.

And yes, there is shuttle service. Did you not ask about that? I've observed the shuttles running more or less non-stop.

Per the website:

Hotel Breakers & Lighthouse Point are just a short walk from Cedar Point and Cedar Point Shores. A shuttle service is also available for the convenience of all guests. The shuttle service only includes locations on the Cedar Point Peninsula and DOES NOT include stops at Cedar Point’s Express Hotel or Castaway Bay.

It's not "bitching" or "complaining" if your room that you paid for isn't up to par in a meaningful way. From my experience the management actually appreciates learning of real issues as long as it is communicated in a rational manner.

Last edited by Kevinj,

Promoter of fog.

I might’ve passed through the Snoopy store a few times but the merchandise there doesn’t speak to me. However, I also thought the exterior was cute and creative and I can’t think of a reason for the removal of the façade. Unless… they’re gearing up for a change (or a potential change). Perhaps Snoopy will eventually, suddenly move to another location and the building will be used for something else.
Like a San Francisco Earthquake ride or something.

Something does seem to be happening with Peanuts merchandise throughout the park. Back at Camp Snoopy Joe Cool's Corner Store became Cedar Point Corner Store with no Peanuts merchandise and Beagle Bay Outfitters is almost entirely Squishmallows with very few Peanuts items. Would there be a reason to concentrate most of the Peanuts merchandise to Peanuts @ the Point?

"Thank the Phoenicians!"

Maybe peanuts is not the hot new thing anymore. Kids want their own thing not our parents thing.

First ride; Magnum 1994

It's not "bitching" or "complaining" if your room that you paid for isn't up to par in a meaningful way. From my experience the management actually appreciates learning of real issues as long as it is communicated in a rational manner.

</pYou hit the nail on the head for me. So often people respond as if your a complaining Karen, it makes me not bother to speak to someone about what I feel is a valid point. I end up brewing about it to avoid the confrontation. With the bedding I just figured that’s what you get and it didn’t meet my expectations. For the hot tub, I was too self conscious to walk all around the pool to the lifeguard to ask why no bubbles. And the stained pillow we just didn’t use. It’s a conundrum to me: speak up & risk looking like an entitled white lady, or say nothing but be unhappy. As far as the Snoopy store, I did tell a worker there I hated the change. Not that there going to change it back or anything lol.

Peace ☮️

RCMAC said:

Like a San Francisco Earthquake ride or something.

I think I would be more excited about this than anything they announce for the Boardwalk area! Earthquake was such a unique dark ride, and while it was pretty low budget, it was cheesy fun that the whole family could ride, even during the frequent rainy times on the peninsula. I believe the fortune teller from the beginning of the ride is still in use during Haunt weekends at the House on Boo Hill (or whatever the kiddie haunted house is called), and I'll always remember the pillar that looked like it was about to fall onto your antique car. Wish I had a video camera back then to have filmed it. At least I was able to get the Pirate Ride in its final year!

Bring back frozen chocolate covered bananas!!!! That's my vent....

They may be going the Knott's Berry Farm route, with one large outlet for all the Peanuts merchandise. https://www.knotts.com/california-marketplace/peanuts-headquarters

Knott's Scary Farm started early this year, bring your Kevlar.

New for 2024- Wicked Twister Plus

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service