Maverick Downtime

Maverick has been down for two consecutive days with minimal testing. Has anyone had any luck on hearing what has been going on?

Can you verify this claim, Coasterhawk?

Promoter of fog.

Termites. And giant invasive slugs.

Jeff - Advocate of Great Great Tunnels™ - Co-Publisher - PointBuzz - CoasterBuzz - Blog - Music

It was down yesterday morning and they were saying it could be hours if it even opened. People still kept forming a line. We saw an empty train or two run.

We saw that, too. It still hasn’t opened yet today. Keeping our fingers crossed that whatever it is they can get it up and running today!

(Saw this on Reddit, so take it with a grain of salt) There are reports that guests have been told that Intamin is in the process of flying out either a part, or a technician to fix Maverick. Although that source may have the same credibility as the dippin dots guy.

Thank you for sharing! Based on the movement over there today, a relatively easy fix doesn’t seem to be in the cards. At least the dippin dots guy can give you dippin dots… :)

Ride operator just confirmed they are waiting for the manufacturer to get onsite to fix the issue.

It's insane to me that they need someone from Intamin on site to fix a ride the park has operated for over 15 years, especially in an age where video calling/conferencing is ubiquitous.

Brandon

Outside of Top Thrill, this is the first time we have been on property that a ride has been totally shut down for consecutive days without scheduled maintenance being the culprit.

Last edited by MarathonCoaster ,

Why is Maverick down? Who built it? Intamin. I rest my case.......

djDaemon said:

It's insane to me that they need someone from Intamin on site to fix a ride...

Especially when there is a YouTube video that someone has posted that shows how to do it:)

Going on day 3 without being open. Hopefully they will have it up and running for people visiting this weekend!

Agreed... hope it won't be an extended downtime like Gatekeeper in 2021, when the chain broke. I still consider myself lucky they got the new chain in place a day or two before my annual trip up to Sandusky.

Hopefully the chain on maverick isn't broken this time.

First ride; Magnum 1994

MarathonCoaster said:

Outside of Top Thrill, this is the first time we have been on property that a ride has been totally shut down for consecutive days without scheduled maintenance being the culprit.

My 2018 and 2019 Halloweekends trips both consisted of full weekend downtimes for Maverick. #intaminlife

Intamin has been on site since last night. Ride supervisor is hopeful it will open today! They actually changed the sign at the entrance from will not open today to maintenance delay this morning, so there is a chance for today!

Maybe while Intamin is on-site they can leave behind a few post-it notes so that next time whatever this was happens they don't need to, you know, fly out to Sandusky?

Promoter of fog.

Lets just hope the Intiman engineer doesn't get bored, valley's the ride on purpose, and then heads to McDonalds.

Last edited by Joe E,

Gemini 100- 6/11/01

Maverick has reopened!!!

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service