Blue Streak Landmark

Assuming you're not being sarcastic - and I sincerely hope you are - that area can evolve without removing BS, since the ride takes up basically no usable area on the edge of the park.

Brandon

Jeff said:

I wonder how much gravy the Sky Ride can carry.

What the heck, man? Why on earth would you transport gravy on the Sky Ride??

No wonder they keep shutting it down. ) :

It was a joke 20 years in the making.

Jeff - Advocate of Great Great Tunnels™ - Co-Publisher - PointBuzz - CoasterBuzz - Blog - Music

CoasterHawk said:

Pull the plug on an aging piece like The Bluestreak. That area needs to evolve.

Maybe they could build another skyride in It's place. Lots of us still miss the old Frontier Lift, and a new skyride in the Bluestreak location would offer unparalleled views of Perimeter Road.

Perimeter Road doesn't even want views of Perimeter Road.

Jeff - Advocate of Great Great Tunnels™ - Co-Publisher - PointBuzz - CoasterBuzz - Blog - Music

Completely agree. I'd be very much against removing BS if it were to happen. I was being sarcastic:)

Now I'm craving a ride on the BS.
Think I'll head out this evening and take a pummeling.
If I'm lucky, Sky Ride will be running. It looks like it's down at the moment.

I had a lap in May. It's in pretty bad shape right now. Could see the cars twisting and creaking all around me.

Interesting. I just took a ride a few weekends ago, and it seemed to be doing pretty well. The trains definitely twist a bit, but the track work was decent, if a tad bit on the dry side.

I just feel like Blue Streak has a certain rigidity to it that I don't feel on a lot of other wood coasters. I can only describe it as "crunchy", maybe?

I thought blue Streak ran just fine this year so far. The cars always feel a bit twisty, I've always assumed the flexibility was intentional.

The last time I had been on it previously was the year they did significant track work, so it was pretty rough but comparison. Really jack -hammered in the low spots.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service