Gas prices

^Just FYI, Truthbuzz.pizza is available as a domain for $14.99 for the first year on GoDaddy.com.

380 MF laps
Smoking Area Drone Pilot

Rusty110820 said:

USED to be good..

Was that up until today when you created your account?

Used to be good when we discussed cedar point and the fun there now it’s just a bunch of politics and not what it used to be. Blame that on the founders of this site letting it happen and only running peeps that don’t agree with them. Typical liberal way of looking at things. Their way or the highway. Adios muchachos…..this site it junk

I will add something to the political argument. I think one loses credibility when they can never admit that the other side has a point. For example if we made a list of policies/ideas that would be generally supported by liberal Democrats and another list of policies/ideas that are generally supported by conservative Republicans and a certain liberal cannot admit that at least ONE thing on the conservative list may actually be a better idea than on their list, that person loses credibility IMO. And vice-versa with a conservative. I am an independent who leans right but I have enjoyed reading some of the posts by JPDaemen and Jeff. I try to keep and open mind, listen, learn, research. I am still right-leaning because it aligns better with my personal beliefs and life experience. It does seem though that the conservative viewpoints more often get a nastier, more condescending response. More or less sounding like they have NO point at all in the debate. That simply is not true. Obviously there are smart, kind, great people on both sides of the aisle. And if policy was truly a combination of the two sides we would be best off. But…. if you think that only liberals have it right from topics A to Z (or vice versa for conservatives) well that’s where we have the biggest problem I think.

Rusty110820 said:

Used to be good when we discussed cedar point and the fun there now it’s just a bunch of politics...

Weird. I guess all those other threads I have been reading aren't related to Cedar Point?

Master D said:
It does seem though that the conservative viewpoints more often get a nastier, more condescending response. More or less sounding like they have NO point at all in the debate. That simply is not true. Obviously there are smart, kind, great people on both sides of the aisle.

If the folks that are on the receiving end of the seemingly condescending responses can back up their viewpoints with facts then I think people would be more willing to listen. But in the recent exchanges about EVs the facts seem to be very one-sided in the court that supports the EVs. The people that don't like the EVs don't seem to have any facts to support their opinions. Take the green aspect of EVs. Supersonic posts some words but I do not see anything that backs them up or substantiates the claims in any way whatsoever. On the flip side, two posters provided a basis for their counterpoints.

Someone can argue all day long that the sky is not blue, but that doesn't change the fact that it is.

This site is delusional. You either agree with the liberal views or YOU'RE FIRED! What a joke!!!!!!!! The owners set rules and they themselves don’t even follow them! Change the site name to Liberal Buzz….that’s what it is. Again you want a real site with real CP news:

https://screamscape.com/html/cedar_point.htm

Rusty110820 said:

Adios muchachos…..this site it junk

Yet you are still here. So clearly this liberal site keeps attracting you since you can't stay away.

So going back to the OP, I know there's a lot more going on but it does seem that share prices are going down overall? Based on crowds and parking lot fill rates (generally arbitrary numbers for this site all admit) do the heightened gas prices combined with lower park quality seem to be impacting attendance?

I'm curious to see the next quarterly earnings statement for them.

Edit: I will say reports I've been seeing here and around overall, along with other current personal events (that indirectly change my personal fuel budget) I haven't been this year, haven't renewed my pass, and might make one, maybe two trips.

Last edited by TwistedCircuits,

Still haven't been able to uncross these circuits...
DJ Fischer

Master D said:

liberal Democrats... conservative Republicans...

There's a third thing to consider... that one's frame of reference has absolutely nothing to do with politics at all. Admittedly, this is where my autism brain falls short because I just assume that, like me, if you're presented with verifiable facts the rest takes care of itself. That's naive and implies I haven't been paying attention.

I trust what I can observe. The math on EV's and renewable energy can't be disputed. And as much as the shift to sustainable energy is a moral imperative, it's also a logical one. Making the planet that you inhabit uninhabitable isn't a great outcome for our species when we can't leave the planet. Continuing to burn dead dinosaurs isn't going to end well for us.

That's apolitical to me.

But what really gets my goat, especially after the pandemic and last election, is this suggestion that everyone is entitled to their own opinion. And actually they are, but that entitlement doesn't come with any assurance that the opinion is correct or that you can't be called out for the bull****. Vaccines save lives. There is no evidence of election fraud. I don't care what you feel or what your opinion is. Aren't these the idiots who were selling "**** your feelings" T-shirts in 2020? Knowledge, expertise, education and critical thinking matter. Opinions not grounded in reality do not.

And yes, these alternate reality people tend to be right wing wackos. That still doesn't make it political to me, nor will I entertain the idea that overthrowing democracy and free college (as a lefty example, but neither of which are good policy in my opinion) are morally equivalent. You can stop giving away college. Getting back to a democracy isn't that easy.

So yeah, sustainable energy and transportation are not political issues, and if you insist on framing them as such, honestly I'm not sure what to do with you.

Jeff - Advocate of Great Great Tunnels™ - Co-Publisher - PointBuzz - CoasterBuzz - Blog - Music

Jeff, my post was not really about EV’s and energy but a broader point about there being worthwhile ideas on both sides of the aisle considering all timely topics (economy, taxes, southern border, police, trans athletes, abortion, LGBTQ curriculum, etc, just to name a few). And how IMO if you say all the generally liberal ideas on these topics are right and conservative ideas are wrong (or vice-versa) you lose credibility. If you can’t point to at least one or two ideas you think are good on “the other side”, finding common ground, then you are probably not a free thinker and following some type of script and a big part of the division problem. And yes depending on the topic there are facts that can support the policies/ideas. Yes I know this thread topic is gas prices but I was making a more general statement about respecting other opinions and finding common ground.

You're making the moral equivalence argument. See previous point. It's like you didn't read anything I just said. Your labels don't mean anything to me. Reality and facts are not disputable.

Jeff - Advocate of Great Great Tunnels™ - Co-Publisher - PointBuzz - CoasterBuzz - Blog - Music

Did a right wing conservative just yell at me in Spanish?

Master D said:

It does seem though that the conservative viewpoints more often get a nastier, more condescending response. More or less sounding like they have NO point at all in the debate.

No one has ever been booted from PB for having a conservative point of view. Hell, I have many conservative views on certain things, liberal views on others, and libertarian views as well. There's plenty of room for fact-based debate on topics, political and otherwise, but as Jeff mentioned, opinions are different than facts, and while it's fine to voice one's opinion, those doing so should be prepared to support that opinion with something other than "because I say so." Especially if that opinion is as belligerent as "libruhls are killin Amerrukah with green policies" or "Biden raised gas prices" or whatever bad faith nonsense Tucker is spoon feeding them.

I can point to modern GOP ideals I agree with, but so, so very few compared to even 10 years ago. I mean, modern "conservatives" are banning books, dismantling democracy in order to illegitimately ascend to and remain in power, taking away the right to privacy, and on and on. These are not conservative ideals, so it's honestly difficult to find many areas of overlap between my conservative views and the ideals of the modern GOP. And there's simply no moral equivalent of this despicable behavior on the left, at least not yet. The left is basically what they've always been - liberal democrats - while the right has widely embraced violent white nationalist fascism. If people cannot recognize and acknowledge this reality, it's impossible to have a productive conversation.

Last edited by djDaemon,

Brandon

Exactly that. The Texas GOP literally voted to make disputing the 2020 election part of their platform, without a shred of evidence. Like I said, undermining democracy is not a two-way street, and there is no policy from any politician of either party in my lifetime that is worse than putting the voters' will at risk.

I've been a conservative forever. The Republicans now are a bunch of crazies especially here in Arizona. They are not the conservatives I grew up with. I'm just tired of the election fraud crap. The commercials on TV here are just a bunch of crazies on the Trump platform.

I've moved to the center the last 15 years. Climate change is one of the big things that have changed my beliefs. I've felt the temps rising in our area being an avid hiker. It's much hotter now than when we moved to Arizona 25 years ago. The wildfires are getting out of control with wildfire season starting earlier each year. We've been in a drought for the last 20 years with no end in sight. I don't know how the republican party can still say that climate change isn't real.

I've had solar for over 10 years now and we have moved to more fuel efficient cars starting by getting hybrids over 10 years ago. We now have one EV and a plug-in hybrid which I plan to get rid of for a full EV.

Climate change has been happening since before man was even here, the glaciers are prime examples. As my favorite comedian once said the earth isn’t going anywhere, we are.

But I am also in the HVAC world and analyze weather data daily. I’ve graphed 20 years of weather data which records temps every hour for 20 years and if you look over a 20 year time frame temps have been steady, it certainly opened my eyes. The data is available on the NOAA web site for anyone to download to. It’s free. And it’s world wide. I’ll see if there is a way to share that graph with this group to prove what I see. Not saying it isn’t real but I don’t think it’s a drastic as people lead us to believe. Climate change is just that it can go either way. Back in the 70s we were worried about the next ice age. The earth will correct itself it did already by eliminating the dinosaurs. Are we next? Who knows.

There is no doubt - the climate is warming, humans are the cause, and we have global data dating back nearly 150 years to reach that scientific consensus.

Also, it's... odd how many brand new, first post members here are making the same or similar asinine, easily-disprovable claims as a recent former member. But I'm sure that's just a coincidence, since this place sucks and all the cool kids hang out with Lance, so only a fool would waste their time making new accounts over and over at this dump.

Brandon

What you're describing is an anecdote without the context of the impact of the change. You've arrived at a conclusion to suit your belief, and it's meaningless. But hey, since you want to quote the NOAA:

Though warming has not been uniform across the planet, the upward trend in the globally averaged temperature shows that more areas are warming than cooling. According to NOAA's 2020 Annual Climate Report the combined land and ocean temperature has increased at an average rate of 0.13 degrees Fahrenheit ( 0.08 degrees Celsius) per decade since 1880; however, the average rate of increase since 1981 (0.18°C / 0.32°F) has been more than twice that rate.

Based on NOAA's global analysis, the 10 warmest years on record have all occurred since 2005, and 7 of the 10 have occurred just since 2014. Looking back to 1988, a pattern emerges: except for 2011, as each new year is added to the historical record, it becomes one of the top 10 warmest on record at that time, but it is ultimately replaced as the “top ten” window shifts forward in time.

So based on your non-expert analysis, you believe that 20 years in one location is a legitimate sample of data. And that "not changed" means you're likely averaging whole numbers, when the damage is 0.32 degrees per decade. And we're looking at serious problems with less than two whole degrees in the last hundred years.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service