Blue Streak Landmark

What other Cedar Point rides could be historical landmarks? Oh, wait. Everything else has been torn out.

^I thought sky ride was still operating. Can you check the webcams to confirm?

380 MF laps
Smoking Area Drone Pilot

Pipe Scream is destined for the same designation, just a matter of time, no?

I was going to say Magnum should be but turns out it already is.

https://www.aceonline.org/page/Landmark

CoasterHawk said:

What other Cedar Point rides could be historical landmarks? Oh, wait. Everything else has been torn out.

Cedar Downs, Gemini, Mine Ride, the Coliseum building, Hotel Breakers, Magnum, Millennium Force, Corkscrew, Big Dipper (whoops... wrong park :P)

I wish this actually meant anything, like some sort of hefty fine if any company is caught removing/neglecting said coasters. Big Dipper would still be around today if so.

The Sky Ride is NOT operating right now at 7:00 p.m. Monday.

The Midway carousel has been on property longer than any other ride at the park, installed in 1946

CoasterHawk said:

The Sky Ride is NOT operating right now at 7:00 p.m. Monday.

It's being prepped for removal so it can never be a historical landmark

It was running most of the day until about 6pm. We viewed the large 50th Anniversary of the Giant Wheel floral display from it earlier.

I wonder how much gravy the Sky Ride can carry.

Jeff - Advocate of Great Great Tunnels™ - Co-Publisher - PointBuzz - CoasterBuzz - Blog - Music

Not gravy. Melted cheese.

I wonder if the sky ride likes pancakes

You have me at Cedar Downs and Mine Ride...along with Sky Ride. But so much has been lost from the second oldest park in the nation. I remember the stagecoach.

The second oldest park in the nation has always been a park that evolves; holding onto pieces and parts of its history while not being afraid to make the decision to pull the plug on an aging piece in lieu of something new for the next generation. If you're old enough to remember the stagecoach you're old enough to know that this characteristic of Cedar Point is literally in its DNA, and has been since the original Grand Pavilion (which is making a comeback, if you haven't heard) stood on the same shore of the same lake that millions of people have enjoyed for nearly two centuries.

Nothing has been lost. In fact, if you look close enough, you would see that the park goes out of its way to give nods to its past all over the park.

Last edited by Kevinj,

Promoter of fog.

Well Said, Kevin, well said.

Yeah, they give their past tombstones during Halloweekends.

That's nice of them. Although it's not the best, free pizza is free pizza.

Pull the plug on an aging piece like The Bluestreak. That area needs to evolve.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service