Gas prices

SuperS0nicSam said:

His record speaks for itself.

Biden's not great, but if we're comparing economic records, he at worst has been a lateral move from The Former Guy. It's important to keep in mind that a significant driver of inflation has been printing money in response to the pandemic. And the bulk of that spending occurred under Trump, not Biden. The other major drivers of inflation are things the President and US Government can do little about (pandemic supply chain issues, international conflict, etc.).

So, let's take a look at pandemic spending, since that's one of the things we did have control over. CARES was $2.2 trillion, and H.R. 133 was $2.3 trillion, so $4.7 trillion was printed under the Trump administration. ARP, negotiated and passed under the current administration, was $1.9 trillion. In other words more than 70% of the stimulus was passed under the Trump administration with wide support from both parties. But yeah, math is apparently hard for some people so let's blame the current Democrat President because that's easier than thinking critically.

Master D said:

...this is the best our two parties can offer: Donald Trump and Joe Biden. Wow.

This is just the worst false equivalence, and it's dangerous. Only one of these Presidents incited a terrorist attack on the US Government in order to prevent the peaceful transfer of power, in addition the many other deeply corrupt actions pointed out above. They are not the same, not even close, and continuing to push that false narrative is helping push the US over the brink from a democratic republic toward fascist authoritarianism.

Brandon

Gas prices are result of Biden's policies, ‘self-inflicted wounds': Economist Steve Moore
Economist says that domestic production of oil would help bring energy prices down

https://www.foxbusiness.com/economy/gas-prices-result-policies-self...teve-moore

Nuff said.....

Ah, yes, Steve Moore. First of all, that's an opinion piece, not actual reporting. So there may be some bias. Let's see some other headlines from this guy to see if we can get an idea on his worldview.

First, let's see what Moore has to say about Democrats:

• Most dangerous virus? Biden's runaway government spending
  • Biden's Build Back Better would do real damage to medical innovation just when we need it most
  • Stephen Moore: Biden thinks climate change is a bigger threat than China. He'll be sorry
  • Forget what Obama says, our economy needs an injection of growth steroids
  • Market's wild ride: Are Hillary Clinton, Donald Trump and Bernie Sanders partly to blame?

And now let's see what he has to say about Republicans:

• Steve Moore: Bring on Trump tax cuts 2.0 – Here are four ways to help Americans keep more of their money
  • Steve Moore: Trump economy is really experiencing a middle-class boom -- this data doesn't lie
  • Steve Moore: It's a middle-class boom -- How Americans are really doing under Trump economy

A critical thinker would, upon finding a journalist's opinion, seek this kind information out before posting a link to an op ed. A partisan unwilling or unable to engage in critical thought would just blindly post a link to the op ed, simply because it agreed with their preconceived notion about something.

Nuff said...

Brandon

BlueGemini said:

It is because of THIS President. He shut down the pipeline AND stopped drilling on federal land.

He shutdown new construction on the pipeline. The Canadian shale oil is still being pulled from the ground in Alberta.

https://apnews.com/article/fact-checking-895299166310

Beer and golf Thursday thru Monday, Cedar Point & beer, Tuesday and Wednesday.

Can you see One-Eyed-Willie from the top of Magnum?

Face it, it is BIDENS fault....15 months and out of control inflation and gas prices......it is HIS FAULT. Jimmy Carter 2.0.....

NUFF SAID

BlueGemini said:

Face it, it is BIDENS fault....15 months and out of control inflation and gas prices......it is HIS FAULT. Jimmy Carter 2.0.....

NUFF SAID

If you truly believe this than inflation & gas prices is really Trump's fault for shutting everything down during covid.

That being said.....

One thing I have learned being in management, you do not need to make a bad employee look bad, they do it on their own.

Beer and golf Thursday thru Monday, Cedar Point & beer, Tuesday and Wednesday.

Can you see One-Eyed-Willie from the top of Magnum?

Election day 2020 - Gas Prices $1.79 per gallon.

15 months later, $5.09 per gallon.

Nuff said.

And what is this administration doing to help? Nothing... Absolutely NOTHING.

Oh, they say "Americans are resilient, buy an electric car.." Yeah, this infrastructure can handle it alright.

This is all about that green new deal and forcing it down our throats.......

*Citation needed.

Brandon

BlueGemini: If you're going to keep rage-posting nonsense, you're not going to be posting much longer.

GoBucks89 said:

it was in the context of bias toward truth.

This made me laugh. No, you said you didn't care about "journalists" being neutral; just factual.

0_o

Given the article you posted earlier its ironic you say this in response to what Biden said in December.

I'm not fixated on Biden. I don't care if he's taking credit for anything. You made an unfounded generalization about a news organization for an article that you probably didn't read by suggesting the same organization probably didn't say anything when he was all "go me!" in response to gas prices. You're comparing an article quoting economic expertise, indeed making the case that presidents (like Biden) can't claim victory, to reporting about what he in fact said, as some kind of implied bias. That makes no sense.

Enjoy buying your gasoline.

Jeff - Advocate of Great Great Tunnels™ - Co-Publisher - PointBuzz - CoasterBuzz - Blog - Music

for an article that you probably didn't read

Made me laugh again. You are wrong but no need to alert the media on that either.

You're comparing an article quoting economic expertise, indeed making the case that presidents (like Biden) can't claim victory, to reporting about what he in fact said, as some kind of implied bias.

What makes no sense is you thinking my views of the NYT are limited to two data points. They aren't. Its like this "news organization" is something of an unknown. Or what they cover can only be understood by them. Quite odd actually.

Enjoy buying your gasoline.

There are times interacting with you over the years, if I didn't know better, I find myself thinking you are a 12 year old girl. Apologies to 12 year old girls.

Jeff said:

BlueGemini: If you're going to keep rage-posting nonsense, you're not going to be posting much longer.

Fair enough.....

Ok, first thing's first. I want to apologize for my rants. This is not the place, just frustrated is all. Politics do really suck.

So, let me ask this, curious if anyone knows. The antique cars, how many MPG's do those bad boys get? Then how long are the runs they do? Would be curious to see how many gallons of gas each car would use on an average day. I'm sure someone out there hopefully on this site worked on the antique cars at some point.

And for fun, how fast can those cars go? I am sure they have a governor on them and would be interesting to know if that is removed how fast they could run!

Again, to all in this forum, my apologies for my rants. I was out of place. Let's get back to talking about the best park on earth and distract us from all this crap going on.

GoBucks89 said:
There are times interacting with you over the years, if I didn't know better, I find myself thinking you are a 12 year old girl. Apologies to 12 year old girls.

Nice. It seems you can't stay away anyway. If you want to debate bias in journalism, cool, but you're on thin ice if you're going to start throwing around gender stereotypes and insults.

Jeff - Advocate of Great Great Tunnels™ - Co-Publisher - PointBuzz - CoasterBuzz - Blog - Music

I believe Jeff maintains this site correct? Either way I would like to propose that this site forbids political discussions. I believe this was addressed before and Jeff (or the moderator) stated that he wants to allow any appropriate topics but they never end well and distract from the purpose of the site. This idea is very common on other sites/forums. Yes, I did some contributing to the political discussions but honestly I can't stand doing it and would be happy if it was not allowed. I would guess most visitors of this site would be happy with this change. Just a thought.

Amen!!!!! I am guilty of it for sure, but like the way you think!!

I get why some forums/sites ban it, but I'm of the opinion that people *should* (maybe I'm giving people too much credit) be able to have civil political discussions as they potentially relate to the park. The problem is that it seems everyone is migrating to the extremes of both political spectrums. If we took the cable news talking points/spin out of every possible topic in our daily lives, I think we'd find that there's plenty of common sense things that most would agree on. Unfortunately, stoking the flames and pushing fear is what drives cable new ratings, and it seems so many just regurgitate that same crap they heard their favorite cable news host say.

Got that right.....

*whoosh*

Brandon

If only things were organized into topics and you skip the ones you weren't interested in.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service