Classic Cyclone 1929-1950

Is there a webpage or website that shows photos of what the classic Cyclone looked like at Cedar Point? I'm curious here.

There’s a history book you can purchase.
There’s the Google.
There are recreations on YouTube.
There’s RCDB.

I brought this topic up because of the construction going on in the Wicked Twister plot. Any chance we could see a new generation of the Cyclone made by GCI or GG? I think they can pull it off.

It seems counterintuitive to me to make a concerted, years-long effort to open up the view of the beach from the midway, only to build a view-obstructing wooden coaster there.

Brandon

It’s always so confusing to me when I hear people talk about that “view of the beach” like it’s something precious, to be revered and protected.
I rather think that an amusement park would put focus on amusements whenever and wherever they can, and rightly so. Views of Lake Erie are available in about a million places and many of those can be found in the vicinity of and within Cedar Point.
I’m not 100% sure that a GCI wooden twister is the best choice for that space. But I am 100% sure that the goal shouldn’t be to plan a moneymaker that only preserves a sweeping view of Lake Erie. Really, all one needs to do is step a few yards over to Gatekeeper’s entrance plaza and there it will be for years to come. Same beach, same lake, same sky.

There's also a difference between a big ugly warehouse on the water and a wooden roller coaster.

We'll miss you MrScott and Pete

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service