Gas prices

No free Fast Lane + passes lol

SuperS0nicSam said:

The vast majority of people that attended were peaceful, unlike the people that rioted during the summer of 2020 causing over $2 billion in damages. That was true domestic terrorism there.

I mean, except for the people who died, the cop who lost an eye, all the broken stuff, thousands of people trespassing, yeah, whatever.

And I see where you stand. The brown people looking for equality are worse than the white people who disregard democracy and are sad that their guy lost. You don't have to code it, I smell what you're cooking.

Jeff - Advocate of Great Great Tunnels™ - Co-Publisher - PointBuzz - CoasterBuzz - Blog - Music

Considering gas prices, cooking with it may be inadvisable if they're using it at the farmhouse.

I also enjoy the taste of wood or charcoal better.

Has anyone who's eaten there noticed if they're using any sort of grill or oven like a wood fired pizza oven? It sounds delicious and is making me hungry!

Still haven't been able to uncross these circuits...
DJ Fischer

Not even close to where I stand, I just fail to see how rioting, looting, and destroying neighborhoods is appropriate behavior to demonstrate a point.

All the same things you said can be applied to the riots as well. People died, all the broken stuff, thousands of people trespassing, yeah, whatever.

Last edited by SuperS0nicSam,

We all know how online political arguments go nowadays so its pretty fruitless to start one here. My only point in contributing here is to say that both Dems and GOP are human beings; both Dems and GOP make mistakes; both Dems and GOP want to remain in power and both have done underhanded things to try and remain in power; and finally, we get nowhere without compromise, so thinking that Dems are 100% right or Republicans are 100% right will get us nowhere.

And no free Fastlane Twisted sorry.

Master D said:

We all know how online political arguments go nowadays so its pretty fruitless to start one here. My only point in contributing here is to say that both Dems and GOP are human beings; both Dems and GOP make mistakes; both Dems and GOP want to remain in power and both have done underhanded things to try and remain in power; and finally, we get nowhere without compromise, so thinking that Dems are 100% right or Republicans are 100% right will get us nowhere.

And no free Fastlane Twisted sorry.

I agree. Implying someone is a racist simply over a difference of opinion is childish behavior at best. It would be nice to have constructive conversations, but people just are not capable of that anymore.

It is too bad things get to that point. If some of us were hanging out together having a beer or iced tea and actually knew what each other has done in our lives we would give each other a lot more leeway and understanding of our points of view.

Master D said:

...both Dems and GOP want to remain in power and both have done underhanded things to try and remain in power...

Only one party had a President incite an attack on Congress with the goal of overturning an election. Only one party had 147 members of Congress vote to overturn an election. Only one party flirted with invoking martial law to remain in power. Only one party has a nontrivial number of elected officials laying the groundwork at the state level to make subverting elections easier in the future.

This "both sides" nonsense is nothing more than cover for partisans who refuse to recognize or acknowledge that one party is being overrun by fascist authoritarians, who would sooner abandon democracy than lose elections.

The two parties may have, at some point, been similar in their quest for power. They aren't anymore, and suggesting otherwise comes either from ignorance or denial. It would be amusing if it weren't so dangerous to the Republic.

Brandon

SuperS0nicSam said:

Not even close to where I stand, I just fail to see how rioting, looting, and destroying neighborhoods is appropriate behavior to demonstrate a point.

That's because those actions that constituted a small fraction of what millions of people did in the wake of George Floyd's murder is all you see. There was a way bigger thing going on. That you gloss over it is precisely the problem.

Jeff - Advocate of Great Great Tunnels™ - Co-Publisher - PointBuzz - CoasterBuzz - Blog - Music

Wow.

New for 2024- Wicked Twister Plus

Yeah…

Wait wait!

Is this all confirmation that TTD will reopen this year?

Really!?!?

DJ Fischer

^DJ, I see what you have tried to do with your last two posts here, and I admire your efforts to be a calming voice amongst the rhetoric.

Yes, at home this past year we have used charcoal, not due to any cost factor but rather that my son purchased a charcoal grill. Lights fairly quickly, burns hot & long, just fine. CP can use a few shovel fulls of the CPLE RR charcoal!

SuperS0nicSam said:

Just stating the fact that it was not an insurrection, as the events that happened do not fit with that term at all.

If what happened on January 6th was not an insurrection, what would you call it when a platform, with noose, was constructed while the chant of hanging the vice president by name echoed repeatedly?

Beer and golf Thursday thru Monday, Cedar Point & beer, Tuesday and Wednesday.

Can you see One-Eyed-Willie from the top of Magnum?

Very fine people taking a totally normal tour of the Capitol building, obviously.

Brandon

That sounds great Jimmy! Have you noticed a flavor difference?

Seeing the smoke come out of the CPLE RR though I don't know if I want that green coal under food! Might not be tasty.

A tour of a building? Are they reopening the town hall museum finally? I've missed it.

DJ Fischer

djDaemon said:

Very fine people taking a totally normal tour of the Capitol building, obviously.

But it's ok for certain people of stature to threaten to blow up the white house and nothing happens to them when they do not have someone they wanted....I see..seems very one sided.

To try and get back on the original topic, what CAN be done about gas prices? We are being told the president has zero control over gas prices. What about making our country more energy independent instead of less? I have read from a reputable source that the US has more untapped oil underground than Russia and Saudi Arabia. So why NOT create the infrastructure and the refineries to tap and produce? That would create more jobs too no? Why not use the Keystone pipeline to get the oil from the sands in Canada and bring it into our country? Why not increase ability to use the massive amounts of natural gas under our feet? If all this was done wouldn't we be able to say screw you Russia, we don't need your oil. Looking for any productive responses not political nastiness.

TwistedCircuits said:

That sounds great Jimmy! Have you noticed a flavor difference?

I definitely prefer charcoal for the flavor, but LPG is just so much easier to quickly grill stuff.

Brandon

Indeed, the propane grills seem to leave a chemical taste. On the other hand I suppose most charcoal we purchase is also laced with chemicals as well. It definitely has chemicals after I squirt half a container of lighter fluid on the briquets.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service