Gas prices

Yeah, I definitely long for the days of the previous administration, when instead of economic instability, rising crime rates, and increased division, we only had to worry about economic instability, rising crime rates, increased division, a President who incited a deadly terrorist attack on the US Congress with the goal of overturning an election, and the nearly 150 Republican members of Congress who aided in the attack. Those sure were the days.

Last edited by djDaemon,

Brandon

Geez, since when did this become a political forum! Let's get back to taking about the best damn park in the world!!! Politics suck!!

...Says the person who posted about the president and gas prices. ;)

Last edited by GoBucks89,

Just trying to get us back on track to the real issue, gas prices are high and that's why they removed the antique cars from the back....LOL!!!

BlueGemini said:

Let's get back to taking about the best damn park in the world!!!

But enough about Dollywoodbuzz

Ha ha ha!

^^You must not have been to Dollywood in the last few years. Regardless, it's not even the best Herschend park.

380 MF laps
Smoking Area Drone Pilot

BlueGemini said:

Jeff said:

And if you see someone blame a president, any president, for gas prices, smack them for being stupid.

I disagree but respect your opinion none the less. CP needs to distract us from all the garbage going on in DC!!

You can disagree, but it doesn't make you any less incorrect. It's basic economics, and supply and demand I learned about by sixth grade. Sure, there's a lot of nuance about commodity markets and speculation, but it ultimately comes down to supply and demand.

GoBucks89 said:
Understanding of basic economics is worse than horrible for far too many people.

I would add basic civics to that list.

Jeff - Advocate of Great Great Tunnels™ - Co-Publisher - PointBuzz - CoasterBuzz - Blog - Music

Let's Go Brandon!

Tell me you're in a cult without telling me you're in a cult.

Brandon

Extreme right AND extreme left both have cult-like thinking. Come on over to the middle, it's nice in here, more peaceful, less anger, free fastlane passes (well, maybe not the last one).

^Nah. There's a big difference between being "extreme" right or "extreme" left and cult-like behavior. The only cult like behavior going on is in relation to a very strange devotion to one particular person, which I think the "Let's Go Brandon" crap pretty well implies.

Master D, is this a new platform you're running on that's middle and has free FL+ passes for voters? You might have my attention on the free FL+ clause... Are they all season?

Still haven't been able to uncross these circuits...
DJ Fischer

Pretending that both "sides" are morally equivalent is an easy excuse to not get involved, and the reason so many people suddenly prefer autocracy over democracy.

Jeff - Advocate of Great Great Tunnels™ - Co-Publisher - PointBuzz - CoasterBuzz - Blog - Music

djDaemon said:

Yeah, I definitely long for the days of the previous administration, when instead of economic instability, rising crime rates, and increased division, we only had to worry about economic instability, rising crime rates, increased division, a President who incited a deadly terrorist attack on the US Congress with the goal of overturning an election, and the nearly 150 Republican members of Congress who aided in the attack. Those sure were the days.

I lol'd at "terrorist attack". Who was convicted of terrorism? Who was convicted of insurrection? 1 person, out of the thousands that were there.

You say the President incited violence. Has he been charged and convicted with that? No? Then you don't have much basis to say that, as the facts do not support your opinion.

F1rePhant0m said:

^Nah. There's a big difference between being "extreme" right or "extreme" left and cult-like behavior. The only cult like behavior going on is in relation to a very strange devotion to one particular person, which I think the "Let's Go Brandon" crap pretty well implies.

The mirror image to the "Let's Go Brandon" is the "Anyone but Trump" idea. There has been a pretty big obsession with that man from the left. Both cult-like. There are lists that can be made of idiotic ideas, policies, etc for both sides over the years. I stand by my statement.

SuperS0nicSam said:

I lol'd at "terrorist attack".

Let me help you understand what "terrorism" means, according to the FBI:

Domestic terrorism: Violent, criminal acts committed by individuals and/or groups to further ideological goals stemming from domestic influences, such as those of a political, religious, social, racial, or environmental nature.

Or how about we check with the CIA:

The term “terrorism” means premeditated, politically motivated violence perpetrated against noncombatant targets by subnational groups or clandestine agents.

So the attack on the Capitol was, quite literally, an act of domestic terrorism.

Regarding January 6th, these are the facts:

• Domestic terrorists attacked the Capitol building, attempted to breach the Senate chamber, built a functional gallows, and tried to capture and hang the Vice President, all with the goal of overturning the results of a democratic election.
  • The President held a rally not just on the same day Congress was counting the electoral votes, but at the same time they were doing so, with President Trump's speech coinciding with that timing. That timing was not a coincidence, obviously. And this speech came after Trump's failed attempts to get the Vice President to intervene in the electoral count.
  • The President incited the crowd at the rally with falsehoods of election fraud, whipping the crowd into a frenzy and telling them to "fight like hell."

Who was convicted of terrorism? Who was convicted of insurrection?

Wait, so if no one is convicted of a particular crime, the crime didn't occur? So, according to your "logic" no one was murdered at Robb Elementary on Tuesday, since no one has been convicted of murder for what occurred there. Your argument is nonsensical, to put it mildly.

The President's incitement is, correctly, protected speech according to the First Amendment, at least in part because his speech was crafted in a way to give him legal cover. But that does not mean he deserves cover from moral or ethical responsibility.

Being a conservative does not mean you have to defend the worst actions of an autocratic fascist. You can believe in low taxes, or whatever, without blindly following along with the cult.

Brandon

I'm not a conservative at all, not sure where you get that from. Just stating the fact that it was not an insurrection, as the events that happened do not fit with that term at all. The vast majority of people that attended were peaceful, unlike the people that rioted during the summer of 2020 causing over $2 billion in damages. That was true domestic terrorism there.

Oh boy

So if I'm following this means no free FL+ passes?

Still haven't been able to uncross these circuits...
DJ Fischer

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service