Coaster inspections

I remember that the ride inspectors used to walk the tracks to inspect woodies. Did that happen each day? Do they still do that? And how are inspections done on steel coasters? I know they run the trains and all, but how is each foot of track and the nuts and bolts inspected?

You thought I was here to delete your thread, didn't you. :)

This video should be insightful for you, even though it's from 2016.

Promoter of fog.

Thanks for the nostalgia trip Kevin, been a long time since I watched that but so good.

Still haven't been able to uncross these circuits...
DJ Fischer

Those short sleeve dress shirts with the ties are such a blast into the Kinzel-era past.

I love that show. It may have been posted to YouTube in 2016, but it was filmed in 2000 I believe. During the 2001 season (my first working at the park), they showed the premier of it in the old IMAX theater for employees.

As for the inspections, I'm sure not much as changed. Blue Streak is the only true wooden coaster, but Steel Vengeance is constantly having structural inspections and boards replaced throughout each season.

-Matt

Cartwright said:

Those short sleeve dress shirts with the ties are such a blast into the Kinzel-era past.

And don’t forget those truly awful polyester long pants! The ladies in Wardrobe knew me well. I probably had more uniforms than anyone else in the park. I was often out early setting up for up to 5 catering events that all had to go off around noon. By the time setup was done, I was completely soaked in sweat and had to get a clean uniform just before we start service. After cleanup I would often get a clean set of kitchen whites to work the Coral Dining Room or cooking in the Main Kitchen.

Was neat to see that video again. Haven’t seen it in a long time.

1974: Catering Slave for Interstate United
1975-77: Catering Manager for Cedar Point

At risk of derailing the thread, now I'm kind of curious about how many seasons or so uniforms will last with heavy use before wearing out. I feel like historically either they've commissioned strikingly durable outfits or they've kept a steady stream of replacements flowing, because I feel like a good amount of the general park uniforms of the past have stuck around long enough to have become comically dated fashion-wise.

Still feels like those red and blue polos were around/have been around forever.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service