No Starlight tickets this year?

I've looked on cedar point's website and can't find where you can buy Starlight tickets. They have every other ticket option/meal deal/fast lane but no starlight.
Does anyone know if they are offering it this year?
Thanks so much!

Act like you are buying a season pass and when the popup window appears, change to the "daily tickets" tab and select Starlight. It's pretty well hidden this year and not advertised on the main pages.

Thank you so much! I didn't want to plan our trip around getting that extra time for them not to even offer it anymore!
Thanks!

Anybody have any recent info on the Starlight ticket? Was it offered last year? I don’t see it available anywhere currently but wonder if it’s something that could be brought back at some point.

I don't think Starlight tickets have been offered for some years. But you can get the whole summer for $99, so...

380 MF laps
Smoking Area Drone Pilot

Good point. Debating whether to convert my CoasterMania tickets towards a pass (if it’s allowed like you can with normal single-day admission), but would lean platinum bc I live in Indy and haven’t been to KI since Orion opened. I was asking this bc I’d love to go to the park for part of the Thursday before CM. Is the upgrading of single-day to season pass only doable in the park? That would put the kibosh on my whole idea.

Last edited by Brendan71388,

Starlight tickets haven't been around for a while. Back in 2015 or 2016 my sister and I got to the park later on a Sunday (possibly closing day) for a very spur of the moment trip with the intention of buying a starlight ticket. When we got to the resort entrance gate to buy our tickets and that's when we found out starlight wasn't offered any more. Thank goodness there was a season pass holder very close by who overheard and used their pass to buy us two $20 bring a friend admission tickets. We were so grateful because paying full admission for four or so hours of park time would have been a tough pill to swallow.

We'll miss you MrScott and Pete

Didn't feel like this deserved its own thread, but I swear the way the single-day ticket sales are setup online now seems almost deliberately obtuse as a way to encourage season pass sales.

We're trying to plan a group outing for my friends in late June or early July, and while the goal is the waterpark, there's interest in doing both if the prices seem fair enough. I'm like, okay cool, let me see what the Ride 'n Slide or whatever they're calling it tickets are going for nowadays, but apparently (unless it's extremely well-hidden) they're just not doing combo ride park/waterpark tickets anymore? Like, not even for the bundles with parking and the dining plan. All I can find is the standalone Shores admission for $45, which honestly, while it beats the hell out of the Kalahari's day pass price, still seems a bit head tilting when that's the exact same price for the ride park with the bring a friend discount.

CP admission is at least $50 (more on weekends and weekdays in July), CPS admission is $45, and parking (assuming 2 people per vehicle) is $13, bringing your total to $108. For an additional $27 you get the Gold Pass, which is what they're pushing you toward. And honestly, if you're going in July I wouldn't count on doing both parks in the same day, so a Gold Pass may be a better option.

Also, Kalahari's day passes are hilarious. A night's lodging is about $300, which includes waterpark access. A day pass is $135, so a family of 3 would be better off booking a room even if they never stepped foot in it, and they'd get access to the water parks for the better part of 2 days instead of the 1 afforded by the day pass. Seems the day pass is aimed at driving hotel stays and keeping the park from becoming a day care center.

Last edited by djDaemon,

Brandon

It does seem like they've just made things more-or-less a la carte, and now that I think about it, $90-$100 is kind of ballpark where the Ride 'n Slide had been anyway. Regardless, we're probably going to play it by ear, but it's still kind of silly in a sense if it ends up being a better deal for my friends (hopefully) flying in from Europe to get a Gold Pass for at most two days of the park.

And yeah, we did the math for the Kalahari too since that's also on the table and came to the same conclusion. Your point does make sense for the seeming ridiculousness of the day pass price, as I can easily imagine the Kalahari getting swamped like pretty much every community mini-waterpark does the instant school's out.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service