In search of old MP3 spiels

I am working on a research project for a law class on auto spiels.

Scouring the old pages of pointbuzz I found many old topics talking about station spiels vs voiced spiels. I’m not trying to start a debate, but I’m looking for old MP3 files. I found a topic in which a user had a file linked, but it was no longer active.

Do any of you long time readers have a copy of the MP3 version of the file? Or do you have your own file you’d be willing to share? I would like one of the high profile coasters, preferably dragster’s load station spiel. I know there is copyrighted music involved, I’m just looking for the voice though. I can provide an email or you can PM me.

Last edited by Zorenta ,

Possibly. I used to have a bunch on a CD. I will see if I can track it down.

Thanks. That would be amazing. If you don’t mind, I’d like any you may have.

And if anyone has a copy of the short-lived Wildcat exit auto-spiel, please share it. That's the one that says to "exit carefully to your right and down the ramp to the midway." I thought sure I had it on video, but I couldn't find it...

--Dave Althoff, Jr.

/X\ *** Respect rides. They do not respect you. ***
/XXX\ /X\ /X\_ _ /X\__ _ _____
/XXXXX\ /XXX\ /XXXX\_ /X\ /XXXXX\ /X\ /XXXXX
_/XXXXXXX\_/XXXXX\_/XXXXXXX\_/XXX\_/XXXXXXX\__/XXX\__/XXXXXX

'exit carefully to your right...'

I have questions...

There are a few of us here that worked there before the recorded spiels were used. I bet that a lot of us still remember the live spiel that was used on at least one of the attractions we worked.....

HeyIsntThatRob?, I had questions as well. And I hoped that some day the ride wouldn't be too busy, the spiel would play*, and I could actually try following the directions just to see what would happen. I think it would be rather difficult, given both the design of the car, and the location of the catwalk in the unload station...

* Trivia: The word "spiel" is German for "to play", more or less. So to play a spiel sounds slightly redundant?

--Dave Althoff, Jr.

Last edited by RideMan,

/X\ *** Respect rides. They do not respect you. ***
/XXX\ /X\ /X\_ _ /X\__ _ _____
/XXXXX\ /XXX\ /XXXX\_ /X\ /XXXXX\ /X\ /XXXXX
_/XXXXXXX\_/XXXXX\_/XXXXXXX\_/XXX\_/XXXXXXX\__/XXX\__/XXXXXX

Anyone have anything? I found a little on YouTube but like 3 sentences. Anything above would be appreciated, I have 2 more weeks. Thanks

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service