• The Farmhouse Kitchen & Grill
  • Derby Dogs & Coasters Drive-In
  • Celebrate Cedar Point Parade & Spectacular
  • PEANUTS® @ The Point

https://pointbuzz.com/News/Story/3361

Walt Schmidt - Co-Publisher, PointBuzz
PointBuzz on Twitter | Facebook | YouTube
Home to the Biggest Fans of the World's Best Amusement Park

Suppose Derby Dogs will take the place of Subway? If so, it’s a “full circle” item. I worked in that little stand during my first season in 1973. It was The Surrey, aka Hot Dogs with the Works. We had roller dogs with toppings, chips, ice cream, and grilled Italian sausages. I worked evenings and had quite a few local and marina regulars who would come by for sausages and take them down to Hofbrau for beers. We were the only location for anything like that.
It was a busy but pleasant and shady place to be every day, with Cadillacs on one side and Cedar Downs on the other.

The concept art for Farmhouse looks really nice. And I'm really glad to see some work going into Coasters Drive-In. Hopefully the "hand-made burger patties" are an improved version of the burgers they've been selling for the last several years. But from the sound of it, we'll have plenty of good food options at the park.

380 MF laps
Smoking Area Drone Pilot

Looks good to me overall, guessing the shores subway will still be there. Looks like the burritos aren't coming back. It'll be interesting to see what they're hiding in those 'and more' and rotating items. They specifically mentioned outdoor seating, will it have a bbq/corral layout? I'm cautiously optimistic they won't be too stingy with the meal plan items, doubt we'll get that brownie a-la-mode. Looking forward to Saturday.

Without really having a good idea of how much of a footprint the physical building of the Farmhouse will have, assuming it's located at about where the station for Antique Cars was, that's still a pretty reasonable amount of space with the rest of the grassy area in which to have as outdoor seating without presumably having to change the landscaping that much. I assume the little pond is still there.

One of those years where they build things to make money for new coasters.

First ride; Magnum 1994

Or to make money to remove a big one.

380 MF laps
Smoking Area Drone Pilot

That Crazy Dan, I think I recall Tony stating in a blog or tweet that at least part of the outdoor seating would involve use of the Covered Bridge.

Dvo said:

Or to make money to remove a big one.

Keep removing stuff... thats a great idea.Most of the country not around Sandusky.... knows CP for Dragster.... and every TV show featuring CP features TTD as free advertising....

New for 2024- Wicked Twister Plus

…anyways. I’m good on the food stuff. They never usually maintain these “experiences” for too long after the inaugural season. But that’s my own opinion. I’m sure for the general public these will be nice additions. The restaurant in Frontiertown looks huge, but looks can be deceiving. They usually make them bigger just to put an extra long queue line inside. Hopefully the food remains on par with the hype.

^agree. Rant warning...So yeah, the new restaurant. I really hope it's a good restaurant with real food that is made in a kitchen with actual chefs, like it says, and not yet another "BBQ patio" type place like the one by Magnum and Gemini with basic park food staff serving heated-from-frozen pulled pork and a BBQ pump station round the side of the building. The food at that place was bad. Rant over.

I am happy to see the additions, can't wait to try the food and see the new parade.

MF as a human eager to talk about my home park!

And...outdoor seating again? Where are Cedar Pointers supposed to go when it is cold or raining? It sounds like this isn't a restaurant, but a glorified grab joint. Again.

--Dave Althoff, Jr.

/X\ *** Respect rides. They do not respect you. ***
/XXX\ /X\ /X\_ _ /X\__ _ _____
/XXXXX\ /XXX\ /XXXX\_ /X\ /XXXXX\ /X\ /XXXXX
_/XXXXXXX\_/XXXXX\_/XXXXXXX\_/XXX\_/XXXXXXX\__/XXX\__/XXXXXX

RideMan said:

Where are Cedar Pointers supposed to go when it is...raining?

Definitely not on an Arrow roller coaster

I remember pass holder preview and I was impressed by the quality of food there but it is certainly dropped as time is progressed. I hope this isn't a trend as others have pointed out.

Still haven't been able to uncross these circuits...
DJ Fischer

Dave makes a valid point; not sure why the park continues to be against providing any kind of indoor seating areas (with heat and AC) in these newer additions. It’s like they assume everyday will be sunny and 80 degrees.

On one hand, I'm glad because this means they'll be relatively preserving the landscaping of the Antique Cars plot, on the other hand, they really do need a proper Festhaus/Harmony Hall type venue already. Between this and the Witches' Wheel BBQ, it's like they took the complete wrong lesson from the trendiness of food truck lots and such.

That Crazy Dan said:
Without really having a good idea of how much of a footprint the physical building of the Farmhouse will have...

You can see the new restaurant on the Power Tower West cam, the building is at the far right, roughly centered vertically. The building looks pretty substantial.

RideMan said:

And...outdoor seating again? Where are Cedar Pointers supposed to go when it is cold or raining? It sounds like this isn't a restaurant, but a glorified grab joint. Again.

--Dave Althoff, Jr.

The building having outdoor seating doesn't preclude the possibility for indoor seating as well. We can hope, anyway. But I agree that they desperately need a big indoor restaurant, a la Harmony Hall.

That said, as much as I will miss Antique Cars and the surrounding area, it's also a pretty fantastic location to eat on the covered porch and enjoy the outdoor atmosphere and theming (though maybe bring hearing protection on the SV side. :-P). I think it would make more sense that a fully- or mostly-indoor restaurant would be located someplace less picturesque.

Brandon

XS NightClub said:

Keep removing stuff... thats a great idea.Most of the country not around Sandusky.... knows CP for Dragster.... and every TV show featuring CP features TTD as free advertising....

I'm not advocating for it, not by a long shot. I just think it's entirely plausible. Don't shoot the messenger.

Agree on the indoor seating. But didn't they say there's a new stage inside the building? If there's a stage, one has to assume that there would be at least some indoor seating.

380 MF laps
Smoking Area Drone Pilot

It doesn't specify whether the new stage is inside or outside. It's mentioned in the same paragraph as the outdoor seating though so I'm leaning that way. Guessing it'll be a replacement for either the bluegrass stage next to roundup, or the band in residence stage by the funhouse building. Maybe both. Best case, it's a nice big stage with a new high budget show. More likely it's just for the bands.

While more indoor seating would be nice at the new location, you can always grab food and take it into Ms. Keats... Always plenty of room in there.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service