News: Cedar Fair hires Ty Tastepe as Senior Vice President and Chief Information Officer

New CIO brings more than two decades of digital transformation program experience with global entertainment and hospitality brands Universal, Hilton and Disney.

https://pointbuzz.com/News/Story/3348

Walt Schmidt - Co-Publisher, PointBuzz
PointBuzz on Twitter | Facebook | YouTube
Home to the Biggest Fans of the World's Best Amusement Park

This is awesome news. After waiting in a lengthy line (yet again) to check-in at Breakers on Friday, I was talking to others in line about their need to have online check-in. I've always said if Hilton and Disney can do it, CP sure can. It seems like this guy (coming from both of the aforementioned companies) is the one to finally get it done. Or one can hope anyway.

O noes, he won't be based in Sandusky! 🙄

Jeff - Advocate of Great Great Tunnels™ - Co-Publisher - PointBuzz - CoasterBuzz - Blog - Music

Haha yeah I caught that too. Sound the alarm!

If you worked for Disney & Universal in the past with operation in FL &/or CA, would you really want to live in Sandusky?

I realize this should not need to be something a CIO takes care of, but here is priority #1...

Figure out a way for it to take two or less button presses to let someone use their drink plan or meal plan. Good lord it annoys the piss out of me to watch that trainwreck over and over and over throughout the season.

-Matt

Literally have no idea what "trainwreck" you're talking about. Never had a problem scanning/redeeming drink plan or meal plan. The only issue I ever had is some people don't know how to click thru the system to redeem all season all park Fl+

Not sure if it is a systems problem or people problem but more than just occasionally it is a train wreck scanning a drink plan. It is almost always a train wreck at the beginning of the season when everyone shows up with their paper vouchers.

It is perplexing because sometimes it is a well oiled machine.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service