Laser Tag

Would laser tag be a good fit for Cedar Point? Obviously, they couldn't include it in general admission. But I think it would be a good attraction for those looking for a break from coasters.

Campfreak06, reborn

There is a laser tag option right at the end/entrance of the Cedar Point Causeway at the corner of Cleveland Road (same complex as the Thirsty Pony and the Cedar Lanes bowling alley). It's not "in" the park, but it darn near close.

Proud to have fathered a second generation coaster enthusiast destined to keep me young at heart and riding coasters with a willing partner into my golden years!

I've always thought it would be fun to have a slim design laser tag outfit that people can opt into and have a parkwide laser tag game throughout the day. I feel like the blasters would have to be wrist mounted bracelets and some sort of light thin vest for the tag option. When on a ride you're on the ride team when in the crowd you're in the crowd team and you gather points throughout the day.

Still haven't been able to uncross these circuits...
DJ Fischer

TwistedCircuits said:

I've always thought it would be fun to have a slim design laser tag outfit that people can opt into and have a parkwide laser tag game throughout the day. I feel like the blasters would have to be wrist mounted bracelets and some sort of light thin vest for the tag option. When on a ride you're on the ride team when in the crowd you're in the crowd team and you gather points throughout the day.

I can see a lot of preteens in laser tag vests running through the crowds and people getting knocked over. Just like I occasionally have problems with the kids bouncing basketballs all over the place and not paying attention to where they're going. I got smacked by a loose basketball a couple of years ago, the kid didn't even say 'sorry.'

^Reminds me of the running of the bulls every morning the park opens.

Campfreak06, reborn

Oh that's easy, gps speedometer that takes away points for running. And for multiple offences the vest shuts down preventing them from playing.

Install NFC on the rides to let the vest know that it's in a ride seat the and gps is overridden.

DJ Fischer

How about the vests "zapping" the offending ne'er do-wells with a nice jolt of electricity when they run afoul?

TwistedCircuits said:

Oh that's easy, gps speedometer...vest shuts down...Install NFC on the rides...gps is overridden

That sounds more complicated than Dragster's controls!

^^Now we're getting closer to the totalitarian experience I really want. Line jumpers get reported by others, and get zapped until they go to the back of the line. Smokers get zapped until their cigarette is extinguished. And gold passers are zapped until they upgrade to platinum or leave the park. Where do I invest? ;)

380 MF laps
Smoking Area Drone Pilot

We need a virtual queue system not NFC tags and GPS everywhere. Focus on the bunny folks. 😆

Cargo! That's also easily solved! Your vest as a virtual queue for you! You just go to the ride entrance you want and scan in. Your system will then keep track of when you can ride, it already would have the equipment to support it!

Dvo! Even better I hadn't thought of that!

DJ Fischer

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service