Guest taken to hospital after metal object falls off TTD

This is not a laughing matter, but well played. 🤣🤣🤣

Last edited by Cargo Shorts,

I don't mean to sound rude or make any sort of funny joke when it relates to the victim, but I most definitely will talk down on the media or some so called medical professional when they go poking the hornets nest of somewhere near and dear to my heart.

Life is messy, I think overall anyone and everyone can always do better. But it seems from the medical perspective all that could've been done was done. But I'm only an expert in being a moron! My heart goes out to the victim and family.

If this was the first, or second time something has flown/snapped/frayed off TTD the chances would be better for it sticking around. Remember when the catch car flew out and landed near Gemini? (Or did I dream that?) Most of the time when these things happen we briefly talk about "How much worse" it could've been. This time the worst actually happened. I've always felt that when TTD eventually did kill somebody that would be it for the ride and this I would argue is close enough.

The investigation will tell us a lot more. But with almost 20 years now we have enough data to say "Once in a while something is gonna fly off".

-Matt

Çp4€và04 said:

But with almost 20 years now we have enough data to say "Once in a while something is gonna fly off".

Isn’t that basically why Kingda Ka, doesn’t have an observation area, and the original queue area was moved?

The problem at hand is CP has built some of these rides to their mechanical limit, they are getting old, and Cedar Fair is running out of cash to properly maintain their Frankenstein coasters.

The company lost $$47 million last quarter with huge attendance!

Apparently it’s not even safe to be a non rider I’m the park with rides falling apart like this

I don't recall the catch car flying off and landing near Gemini but I do remember a couple of times where some people were injured by fragments of the launch cable when it frayed.

Brian
Valravn Rides: 24| Steel Vengeance Rides: 27| Dragster Rollbacks: 1

I also don't recall the catch car flying off. I do recall one of the decorative wheels flying off. Hard to imagine how bad that would have been if it happened during normal business hours.

Promoter of fog.

coaster5 said:

Apparently it’s not even safe to be a non rider I’m the park with rides falling apart like this

Actually read the financials. Hint, most of the parks were closed more than 1/2 Q2.

Attendance was 3.4M compared to 10.5M in Q2 2019. So, your huge attendance claim is non factual, the attendance was about 1/3rd of the last normal year.

They had 330+ less operating days in Q2 2021 to Q2 2019. Btw, you claim deferred revenue on passes/all season products when you're open, so less days, less claiming, besides not getting the day ticket people. Not to mention Wonderland the #4 park in revenue never opened in Q2.

I can keep going but you should have gotten the error in your statement by now.

The problem at hand is CP has built some of these rides to their mechanical limit, they are getting old, and Cedar Fair is running out of cash to properly maintain their Frankenstein coasters.

The notion they don't have money for maintenance is beyond silly. It's your 1st post, joined today & it's completely non factual & a ridiculous premise....Troll Alert!

Last edited by CED23,

To address a few things related to the EMS/medical that have been mentioned:

- Brain matter is a common way to refer to brain tissue for medical professionals

- If the NP wanted to help, she should have come over and ASKED the crew if they needed assistance, but she should not have just come and tried to tell them what to do

- Unless a doctor who is on scene wants to assume patient care all the way to the hospital, the EMS crew can’t allow anybody to interfere or assist with direct patient care

- EMS is following specific protocols for their agency which are written by a doctor of emergency medicine, so it doesn’t matter what an NP might tell them they need to do

- The doctor girlfriend referenced earlier appears to have little knowledge of EMS protocols. In the event of serious trauma, IV and pain meds are given little priority. The crew’s job is to get the patient to the hospital and a trauma surgeon ASAP and only delay for life-saving interventions

- Concerns that the crew didn’t have a c-collar or backboard are valid, that points to a lack of preparation

coaster5 said:

You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.

Jeff - Advocate of Great Great Tunnels™ - Co-Publisher - PointBuzz - CoasterBuzz - Blog - Music

coaster5 said:

Bluestreak and Corkscrew have been around since the age of the dinosaur. I don't remember either of them having major issues like this. Magnum has been sinking for 20 years, and yet the ride has had very few major issues in it's time.

Campfreak06, reborn

Cedar Fair has a poor business plan and is going to continue to build debt and be desperate for cash. Selling cheap 2022 season passes and giving away the water park and 2 seasons of 2021, cheap dining and drink plans is a recipe for disaster.

What it accomplishes is filling the parks with less-than-desireable, uneducated, anti-vax, anti-maksers. Along with accommodating these people, there complete removal of all COVID protocols has made their parks a raging cesspool of this newest COVID explosion. These 2022 season passes are not going to be useable when they shut down again because of the COVID they have helped breed. The next shutdown is certain bankruptcy for this already failing company.

I look for ride removals of their expensive-to-maintain coasters. TTD is a the top of this list.....

I was right, you're a troll. 1st post was the alert,,,2nd confirmed it!

Last edited by CED23,

^^ Nurse Brain Matter has joined pointbuzz!

Last edited by 2020TpForSale,

Campfreak06, reborn

Jeff,

Can we show this idiotic troll the exit?

Ride On!

08- Arcade Mechanic

JoshBrown said:

Jeff,

Someone you don’t agree with is a troll. How pathetic.

2020TpForSale said:

coaster5 said:

Bluestreak and Corkscrew have been around since the age of the dinosaur. I don't remember either of them having major issues like this. Magnum has been sinking for 20 years, and yet the ride has had very few major issues in it's time.

Those 2 coasters don’t push mechanical limits

coaster5 said:

JoshBrown said:

Jeff,

Someone you don’t agree with is a troll. How pathetic.

I think part of the problem is you joined about 5 hours ago, and you didn't even knock before you walked through the door. You just showed up and started writing a book about everything that is wrong with Cedar Fair.

It's kind of like preferring Burger King but eating at McDonald's.

Campfreak06, reborn

Actually, statements like this make you a troll.

What it accomplishes is filling the parks with less-than-desireable, uneducated, anti-vax, anti-maksers. Along with accommodating these people, there complete removal of all COVID protocols has made their parks a raging cesspool of this newest COVID explosion. These 2022 season passes are not going to be useable when they shut down again because of the COVID they have helped breed. The next shutdown is certain bankruptcy for this already failing company.

Also, trolls struggle with grammar. Specifically They're, Their, and There. As evidenced above...

Now. Go away, troll

Last edited by JoshBrown,

Ride On!

08- Arcade Mechanic

coaster5 said:

Cedar Fair has a poor business plan and is going to continue to build debt and be desperate for cash.

I think the $99 pass pricing is is absolutely the wrong thing to do, but you still don't know what you're talking about when it comes to debt and cash flow.

Jeff - Advocate of Great Great Tunnels™ - Co-Publisher - PointBuzz - CoasterBuzz - Blog - Music

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service