Guest taken to hospital after metal object falls off TTD

As the article suggests that’s what they get for insisting they be known as a police force. Anyway, I can see how the ride, train, piece, or whatever caused the accident is public record. But is the woman’s condition something we’re required to know? Or isn’t that up to the victim and her family?

I can't imagine her condition is anyone's business.

But, I'm not a lawyer. Or an EMT. Or a mechanical expert.

Promoter of fog.

The woman's condition is none of anyone's business unless the family chooses to make it known.

We're on day 6. What makes these news agencies think Cedar Point has all the answers already? I think Walt said too that whatever the DNR report ends up being should probably be matter of public record anyways. Is this just small town news with not much else to report on?

I think it's also of note that if the victims family wanted her condition to be known, the media would be the first to know. The family keeping quiet should be very telling to the media folks and they need to show some respect while this all plays out.

This is a regulated business... when there's a story to tell, everyone is going to know it. The goofy entitlement of the press won't make conclusive understanding of what happened come faster. The Ohio ag department is on the ground, and I'm sure they're examining everything. When the investigation leads to answers, we'll have answers.

Jeff - Advocate of Great Great Tunnels™ - Co-Publisher - PointBuzz - CoasterBuzz - Blog - Music

Oh the women who tired to intervene is from Canfield? Well no wonder she had an attitude about the whole thing.

I wouldn’t worry about the NP having a shot or two so much as her stance on fibromyalgia and Covid.

ROUNDABOUND.

No joke. I was not detailed in my question. I want to understand what is referred to as “brake fin path” and “magnets”. I was curious regarding the statement “What if the magnets under the train picked up a metal object at some point and the object obstructed the brake fin path in between the magnets just enough to get deflected and ricochet off the train?”

Last edited by MHW,

Not sure of the vernacular, but what about the rider “restraints”? You will laugh about this, but I had a dream last night that I went on 2 rides that were at CP (as understood in my dream). One ride I was in the front seat which had a lap bar which wasn’t pulled down, I only realized this after the ride was concluded. I told the ride operator about it after the ride was ended. Then I went on another ride (which in my dream was Millenium). The restraint was a lap belt, and I couldn’t get it to snap together and I thought, “why isn’t the ride operator correcting this?!” I shouted for The ride operator who tried to connect it, but the ride was taking off before the operator could connect it. I am not a savant, but I suspect I will have more dreams like this in the future. This event has traumatized me, especially since I used to be so afraid of roller coasters. But I pushed through the fear and learned to love them. NEVER AGAIN!

PyroKinesis09 said:

Oh the women who tired to intervene is from Canfield? Well no wonder she had an attitude about the whole thing.

Take it easy, we're not all that bad. Anyway, I'm not a medical expert and this is not my place to judge. My thoughts and prayers are with the injured woman and her family.

What does evidence of “brain matter” look like in a head injury?

It means you can see part of their brain. Might still be in their head, might not.

Kevinj said:

But, I'm not a lawyer. Or an EMT. Or a mechanical expert.

However, if someone is afraid to ride a roller coaster, you are THE expert!

Walt Schmidt - Co-Publisher, PointBuzz
PointBuzz on Twitter | Facebook | YouTube
Home to the Biggest Fans of the World's Best Amusement Park

I think I will have my work cut out for me after this. Class starts Tuesday, and as of now we are a go after last year's cancellation.

Promoter of fog.

So, I'm just throwing this out there. If the force of the impact was that strong that brain matter was visible, wouldn't you think that the impact would have knocked her out cold or sent her body into a state of shock where she couldn't feel the pain? I was in a car accident in 1999. I ran a red light. We got t-boned by a school bus. My sister in the passenger seat was killed on impact. I bruised my kidney, bruised my liver, broke my pelvis. and had the seat adjuster go through the back of leg. And yet I didn't feel any pain because my body was in shock.I wasn't even in hysterics. Was this lady hit by a flying piece of TTD? No doubt. Was the injury severe? Most likely. I'm just questioning the eyewitness accounts of how severe it actually was based on the victim's hysteria. Perhaps the eyewitnesses were in shock too based on what they just witnessed. I wish the victim nothing but the best in a speedy recovery. I'm so sorry she had to go through this.

Campfreak06, reborn

The only account of "brain matter" (wouldn't a medical professional refer to it as "brain tissue?") is from the one person there who has made it a point to tell everyone else how they were doing it wrong.

Jeff - Advocate of Great Great Tunnels™ - Co-Publisher - PointBuzz - CoasterBuzz - Blog - Music

The fact that she did and continues to share details of the victim's injuries (the S.R. had another article today) tells me everything I need to know about her sense of professional ethics.

There was more than one trained medical professionals of various backgrounds in line who helped.

She's the only one talking. Or complaining.

Last edited by Kevinj,

Promoter of fog.

2020TpForSale said:
So, I'm just throwing this out there. If the force of the impact was that strong that brain matter was visible, wouldn't you think that the impact would have knocked her out cold or sent her body into a state of shock where she couldn't feel the pain?(…)

I think this is an important and hopeful point. All accounts seem to agree that the victim was screaming her head off, which suggests she was in serious pain, but also suggests she might not have been in shock.

Probably doesn’t mean much in the grand scheme of things, apart from suggesting a greater probability of a positive outcome.

—Dave Althoff, Jr.

/X\ *** Respect rides. They do not respect you. ***
/XXX\ /X\ /X\_ _ /X\__ _ _____
/XXXXX\ /XXX\ /XXXX\_ /X\ /XXXXX\ /X\ /XXXXX
_/XXXXXXX\_/XXXXX\_/XXXXXXX\_/XXX\_/XXXXXXX\__/XXX\__/XXXXXX

Oh she was definitely screaming, the body cam footage confirms that. She was obviously conscious at that time. Has there been any other accounts of this brain matter from any other witnesses other than Dr. Shots?

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service