Guest taken to hospital after metal object falls off TTD

She has been transferred to another hospital per Sandusky Register.

Brian
Valravn Rides: 24| Steel Vengeance Rides: 27| Dragster Rollbacks: 1

Hope she's okay

Been visiting yearly with my now wife to celebrate our anniversary since 2010. Proposed on top of Valravn in '17 during the Sunrise Thrills Tour. Proud owner of two bricks in the Legacy Walk and have a piece of Wicked Twister

Hope she is ok.

Hopefully it wasn't a cell phone from some jack wagon wanting to take a video or selfie......even though CP does a pretty good job policing cell phones on rides some find a way to still use them. Irritates me so much.

Here is an update. It was a piece of the ride. It was reported to be a bolt. Still no word on the victim

https://sanduskyregister.com/news/337386/coaster-victim-screamed-in-pain/

Brian
Valravn Rides: 24| Steel Vengeance Rides: 27| Dragster Rollbacks: 1

Hard to believe it was a bolt, those are inspected daily, correct? I know I see the torque marks on the bolts of the forward car when I ride dragster. I'd assume every bolt is marked and inspected to stop exactly this from happening.

Bolts do shear, they don’t necessarily have to jiggle loose. Metal fatigue happens.

What I read was a bolt was found but not necessarily the part that struck the victim.

Last edited by Cargo Shorts,

Two things…

Article says the woman was screaming in pain as they took her out on the gurney. The positive side is she was alive and conscious at that point. That’s a start.

As for the bolt… I wonder if the “hire anyone who applies” mantra earlier this year was also the case for maintenance workers? I’ve had this thought at other parks too, given the higher than normal number of truly bizarre accidents this summer.

ROUNDABOUND.

Really hope she is alright. Crap happens just hope she is ok. Prayers for her and her family.

Terrible. I was at the park yesterday but no where near TTD at the time of the incident. I first learned something had happened when another guest told me "a wheel came off of TTD, hit a guest in the head, and killed her."

I pray the injured guest (who I presume is still alive, given lack of confirmation to the contrary) recovers fully. Regardless, I feel terrible for her and her family, and I feel terrible for anyone who witnessed the incident/aftermath, as it all sounds very upsetting.

Selfishly, and I feel bad even saying this, I hate the fact that a ride I love so much has been involved in something so sad. I hope the cause of the incident can be quickly identified and is something that can be easily prevented in the future.

Thrills Around the Corner!

Bodycam footage of the incident:

https://sanduskyregister.com/news/337430/video-reaction-after-coast...VUNeqVr5TY

Last edited by Kevinj,

Promoter of fog.

^ I saw that as well, but I'm having a hard time deciding whether I want to watch it or not. It hits awfully close to home!

Thrills Around the Corner!

I wonder who the one lady was who kept trying to talk to the paramedics. That one paramedic didn’t seem to pleased with her…

I think her name is “Karen”.

I read it was a nurse practitioner who happened to be in line trying to help but I haven't found the article where that was confirmed. I'm curious about the body cam footage being released when it looks like it was recorded on a cell phone of the original footage.

There is a nurse that made a lot of noise on Twitter, I think, and while I'm sure she meant well and has opinions, she's ultimately protected by Ohio's "good Samaritan" law, while the EMS workers and their jurisdictions are actually responsible for outcomes. We're not professionals, so I couldn't tell you if the CP EMS workers are equipped for something like this, and it's hard to say if the Sandusky folks are. That they transferred the victim out of Sandusky is not a good indicator about the seriousness of the incident. That she was screaming and conscious I guess is a good sign, but it doesn't mean she wasn't in bad shape.

Jeff - Advocate of Great Great Tunnels™ - Co-Publisher - PointBuzz - CoasterBuzz - Blog - Music

At the 3:03 mark one medic says to "tell the hospital that we will need life flight".

The nurse (or whoever she was) also posted a picture she must have taken of her description (on a form that the park had her fill out) of the injuries, etc.

No doubt she meant well and most likely helped in the beginning when there was no one else there, but making public her description of the injuries and the scene a mere hours after it happened is in poor taste with regards to the victim and her family.

Last edited by Kevinj,

Promoter of fog.

Per the same Nurse, it sounds like the victim was intubated and moving Sunday night. At least a somewhat good sign.

https://www.wfmj.com/story/44532804/canfield-nurse-practitioner-hel...l-dragster

As For the nurse, while she’s covered under Good Samaritan I’d have to imagine once CP EMS shows up it’s their show no matter what. They can’t let anyone else help. Even if CP EMS was doing something not by the book or there is someone there with more medical expertise, to defer to them could open up an even bigger lawsuit especially if that advice was wrong.

Gemini 100- 6/11/01

That is kind of a sticky situation. Say there was a trauma surgeon there in line and started to render help. What happens when EMS shows up? How do they know he really is a trauma surgeon?

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service