Fall 2021 schedule released, Halloweekends returning

Expanding Haunt to Thursday’s was not expected. Still think reservations should be required.

They'll be hitting real capacity multiple times without reservations, if current demand is any indication. Great move to add dates and hours. If they can staff it, they'll be getting a huge gate and resort booking.

CP Coaster Top 10: 1. Steel Vengeance (40 rides to date) 2. Top Thrill Dragster (191 launches to date, 4 rollbacks) 3. Magnum XL 200 4. Millennium Force 5. Maverick 6. Raptor 7. GateKeeper 8. Valravn 9. Rougarou 10. Gemini

I agree that reservations would be nice... if they were limiting capacity to any meaningful degree. But based on the crowds when they were requiring reservations, there was no such limit, so it was nothing more than a hassle for the park and their guests.

But it's pretty great that they're adding capacity to the park and Haunt by way of the expanded schedule.

Brandon

Bets on what six rides and three food stands are open on Thursday nights?

(I kid. Sort of)

Halloweekends in 2019 was a madhouse with wall to wall people everywhere. I can’t imagine what this year will look like after a year off. I hope that the Thursday offering will alleviate the crowding a bit.

Great to hear about the expanded Halloweekends hours. I had my bachelor party at the park in 2019 during Halloweekends and I was just talking to one of my buddies about how we wish it was longer. Two nights during Halloweekends flies by. There is more than enough to see and do at the park in the fall. I can't wait to spend three nights in a cabin.

We'll miss you MrScott and Pete

I still wish the campground and maybe one hotel would stay open Sunday nights.

ROUNDABOUND.

I checked the first weekend in October when they are open till 10 on Sunday, and they are booking Sunday night at both Breakers and LHP. (looked at whole weekend Fri-Mon, not sure if they are doing Sun night only).

Seems like a no brainer from a revenue standpoint, especially LHP. You don't need a whole lot of staff to keep around there.

Gemini 100- 6/11/01

mgou58 said:

I can’t imagine what this year will look like after a year off.

What year off? While they may not have had the actual "Haunt" last year, they were still very much open and drawing massive crowds during the fall weekends. And that was with reservations.

380 MF laps
Smoking Area Drone Pilot

It most certainly wasn’t the full experience though. Not by a long shot. Which was my point.

I am trying to understand the space between you two. Haunt did not exist last year (year off Haunt), despite that and reservations crowds were massive. With Haunt back after a year off and no reservations crowds would reasonably be even more massive. Plus it appears the cheap Gold passes will continue with only a nominal price increase. Am I missing something?

Cargo,

Some folks here apparently read posts as a literal statement. You made the point I was trying to make in that Halloweekends, in its normal form as we know it did not exist last year. Hence my “year off” statement. And, in case anyone forgot, many of the covid restrictions were still in place even with the fall events that did take place last year. So my point, which I apparently didn’t explain right the first time; is that this year will be even busier than last Fall was overall. So the massive crowds last year are inevitably going to be even more massive this year, and compared to 2019 will be much bigger in general.

Next time I’ll include colorful illustrations. I just didn’t have time to make any.

Last edited by mgou58,

It looks like they are staying open until 10PM Sundays in October. I can't remember Cedar Point regularly staying open until 10PM for Halloweekends, except for maybe Columbus day weekend. They must be expecting massive crowds.

Not only have Sundays always been an 8:00 closing, but they have also never had the full HAUNT on Sundays either.

Being open on Thursdays in addition to offering HAUNT on Sundays suggests that the park has confidence in having its staffing issues solved.

Promoter of fog.

Having the full experience available on Sunday would also help with Saturday crowds. Traditionally Friday and Sunday both gave you a limited experience (less rides Friday, less Haunt Sunday) so if you wanted it all in one day Saturday was your only choice.

Will out of towners go on Sunday since it is open until 10:00? Maybe, but I would still think most people with any length of a drive home will go on Saturday.

With sunset around 7 in October still allowing a decent amount of spooky time I sure will give it a try if the crowds are more manageable. Thursday may be the best bet however.

I’d say Thursday, Friday, and Sunday would be the best days for fall. Saturdays in September will be steady, but try to avoid October Saturdays if you can.

Jake Padden
13-Tiques/Wave Swinger
12-Camp Snoopy; Tiques/Wave Swinger
11-CP & LE Railroad Platform; Cedar Creek Mine Ride; Tiques/Wave Swinger

I’d disagree with the Friday remark. The park was insane any Friday we ever went in 2019. Before gold passes were a thing I’d have agreed with you fully. I think this year Thursday and Sunday afternoons/evenings will be the best time to go.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service