Lake Erie Eagles: Capacity Nightmare?

Jeff said:
That sounds awful. I can almost understand it on something like Woodstock Express (but not really... Goofy's Barnstormer has no belts at all), but this?

All the other flying scooters in the Cedar Fair chain have them and have had them for sometime now. That was the concern from the start regarding capacity.

My only guess is that they want the tubs to stop moving completely before people get out, and locking them in with a belt that can't be opened by the rider seems to be a fair way to accomplish that.

Pete, I think that's what bugs me the most about it. The automated restraints (usually) open as soon as the ride comes to a stop, but the eagles are a completely different system altogether. I've even joked with the operators about holding people captive and the one responded by playfully walking past me and saying "you can't leave until I say so!" and unlocked the people behind me first. It was cute/entertaining, and I got a chuckle out of it, but it just seems strange to me.

Now, there was one enthusiast in particular that was at the park the other day and kept talking about going to the hardware store and getting himself some kind of bolt so he could release himself, but that opens a whole world of bad news, if you ask me.

Anyone remember when Witches Wheel was a guest release door (only one lever by your left shoulder). Cedar Point then moved the lever to the top of the cabin, and added a strap to secure the door.. You are "trapped" in Witches Wheel also... now.

(I am able to release the strap, but still have to wait for the door to be opened)

GATEKEEPER-I came, I rode, I was mildly disappointed; until a second ride (rear left) put GateKeeper back on the...it's a nice ride list.

You can open the door if you know how..I won't be that guy though.

Corkscrew, Power Tower, Magnum, & Monster/ Witches Wheel Crew 2011

Re: the concern of children unbuckling a normal belt and jumping out, I was told by a Knott's ride op on Surfside Gliders that a lot of kids can (and do) release this belt, too; they poke their small fingers through the hole to release it.

Thrills Around the Corner!

Wait time for eagles was deceptively long Friday May 30th.
The line looked pretty short but 1 of the cars (#2) was not being used.
Plus it seemed there were lots of couples/families opting to be single riders.

The ride takes forever to unload because the ride seems to keep moving for 2 or more minutes after the ride is over.

I won't be riding Eagles much. Not work 45 minute wait.

Snagging items off the platform is certainly an innovative spin on this ride.

(Carowinds)

https://twitter.com/yo_ho_yo_holife/status/1414606957269430275?s=21

Last edited by Cargo Shorts,

lol, that's one way to take care of the 2013 concern regarding capacity issues...

Tall and fast not so much upside down...

Urumqi said:

lol, that's one way to take care of the 2013 concern regarding capacity issues...

For those wondering about the seatbelts, it’s definitely a safety thing. Most of the children’s rides have seatbelts designed that way. Plus with the seat belt being your only restraint for the Eagle’s that’s basically the only way to keep people seated when the ride is in motion.

Jake Padden
13-Tiques/Wave Swinger
12-Camp Snoopy; Tiques/Wave Swinger
11-CP & LE Railroad Platform; Cedar Creek Mine Ride; Tiques/Wave Swinger

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service