News: Sandusky officials want sit-down with Cedar Fair CEO

Jeff said:

The "people gotta eat" CEO's connection and empathy to customers didn't go much beyond picking up trash and making sure ride capacities were high. Accommodations, food, design, strategic pricing, technology, and above all, people management, suffered when he tried to run a billion dollar company like a mom-n-pop.

Quoted this because it needed to be said again.

Jeff said:

There is zero reason to have that building in the middle of the park, as it does not contribute to the operation of the park in any possible way. 

At the time that building was being planned, it's a shame there was no consideration to construct it on land along Rt.6.  Could've knocked down one of those dumpy hotels, and got a jump start to cleaning up that corridor leading to the park. Anyway, the location of the corporate headquarters doesn't influence my business with them.If headquarters is relocated, maybe a department office(s) can move into that building. Then knock some older buildings down.

Without "overpaying" (a well hit, no longer breathing equine here and on CB for sure) for Paramount, would there be Cedar Fair executives in Charlotte?

Probably not, and that's beautifully ironic. It could only be better if they lived in Aurora.

Jeff - Advocate of Great Great Tunnels™ - Co-Publisher - PointBuzz - CoasterBuzz - Blog - Music

Jeff said:

TwistedWicker77 said:

Because you were not a Kinzel fan and he hurt your feelings a few years back, does not mean us true Ohioans don’t want to root for something that has brought great things to the Sandusky area.

Lastly, I wouldn’t say any of the recent CEOs have turned anything around per say other than the hotel and beach. But that’s a different conversation for a different time.

It's probably good that you deleted this post (you know I can read those, right?), because it's pretty ridiculous. You can objectively observe that Kinzel overstayed his welcome. All within a few year's time, he overpaid for Paramount Parks, tanked Geauga Lake and nearly sold the company to Apollo for pennies on the dollar. The "people gotta eat" CEO's connection and empathy to customers didn't go much beyond picking up trash and making sure ride capacities were high. Accommodations, food, design, strategic pricing, technology, and above all, people management, suffered when he tried to run a billion dollar company like a mom-n-pop.

And while we all might have our opinions about Sandusky versus everywhere, it doesn't change the fact that experienced executives don't want to live there. That's why they're more likely to live in Charlotte.

I actually share my account with 2 other people. And one of them are the ones that deleted it. Either way, nobody cares if you read it or not. It’s just not worth the argument from someone who “likes to get a rise out of people”.

For someone who is clearly not an Ohio fan, I would suggest not using the closure of GL as an example to fit your agenda.

But, I truly think operation and cleanliness are pretty important factors in running a good amusement park. Yes, things were outdated, and some things needed improved years ago, but let’s call a spade a spade here. Not everything new has been great. Ask anybody who visits the park on a regular basis and not someone who is looking from down south and basing their opinion on hearsay.

At the end of the day, my opinions still stand. I’m sorry you don’t like my answers and are bothered by them. However: Accommodations - major improvement to the hotels. But pricing is over the top for what it is worth. And that’s not just my opinion. It is what it is though.
Food - basically BBQ options and the MANY inconsistent changes to food options since 2013 is not ideal in my opinion.
Design - bottle neck midways (Gemini midway and “celebration plaza are a couple I can name) are not the ideal design options I would choose, but okay.
Pricing - tell me you’re joking, right?
Technology - I’ll give you this one. But the shows are just as lame, the maintenance is worse than ever, and the amount of technical issues throughout the park are not up to southern park standards. So I’m still not quite impressed. The music throughout the park though are a very welcome improvement!, People management - Like who? Every time I come to this park, I struggle to find what the benefit of the current management is. IROC is a joke, the morale has been worse than ever, employees seem not motivated. At least during the Kinzel era the employment rate was much better. And during that time, there were sweeps constantly interacting with guests on the midway.

Forgive me for coming off rude to you as the owner of this site. But I do not agree with you on some aspects and that’s fine.

You share your login with 2 other people? Why? This isn’t Netflix, accounts are free.

Because we can…it really isn’t that serious. We all have different topics we’re interested in.

No wonder I always thought you were tripolar. 🤣

Not quite how manic depression works, but okay 👌🏼

Cargo Shorts said:

No wonder I always thought you suffered from Dissociative Identity Disorder. 🤣

Fixed.

Promoter of fog.

Kinzel was well on his way into pile-driving Cedar Point into the ground and if you can’t see that then that’s just plain ignorance at that point. The newer leadership team has made more of an emphasis on expanding the park options in terms of food and entertainment, something that as a critic of many aspects of the park myself, I’m willing to give credit where credit is due. That doesn’t mean the park has many significant shortfalls that eventually are going to catch up with them, but there are parts of the park that have vastly improved simply by the departure of Kinzel alone.

TwistedWicker77 said:

For someone who is clearly not an Ohio fan...

You keep projecting that nonsense on me to make a point, and it just ain't true. I just don't want to live there.

Jeff - Advocate of Great Great Tunnels™ - Co-Publisher - PointBuzz - CoasterBuzz - Blog - Music

I dunno, Jeff… You do seem to bash oHIo after both times you left. Note: I’m not an oHIo-an.

Last edited by Shane Denmark,

ROUNDABOUND.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service