News: Sandusky officials want sit-down with Cedar Fair CEO

Cargo Shorts said:

From the article I think the city’s fear is the lack of commitment to the local community will degrade, plus the loss of prestige of having a corporate HQ.

I've always said... "Someday I want to live in a quaint town by the water, but it has to have a large corporate headquarters there as well." Always said that. /s

380 MF laps
Smoking Area Drone Pilot

Jeff said:

SuperS0nicSam said:
Lived in plenty of other places, bud. From Lake Powell, Utah, to Jackson Hole, to Seattle. Still wouldn't trade Sandusky for any of it.

I'm not your bud, nor can I account for your bizarre opinion. I've lived in Seattle, and I'd take it over any part of Ohio, any time of year, and I'm a guy who has been running a Cedar Point fan site for 23 years. When I was there in January of last year for a conference at Kalahari, I couldn't get back on the plane fast enough.

I stayed in Ohio for too long, and made the mistake of moving back. That lasted 19 months. Sometimes you outgrow a place.

Sorry, but an opinion that differs from yours is not bizarre, especially since I am not the only one that thinks that.

Seattle is an ok city to visit, but i would never want to live there as it is a barren wasteland when it comes to roller coasters, and there aren't any amusement parks worth a damn in the state anyway. I enjoy living in a small town, with one of the best amusement parks in the world about 2 minutes from my doorstep. Doesn't get any better than that, honestly.

I'll take actual mountains to Space Mountain any day.

Jeff - Advocate of Great Great Tunnels™ - Co-Publisher - PointBuzz - CoasterBuzz - Blog - Music

I'll take the Great Lakes over any other spot in the continental United States. It may not be everybody's cup of tea, but I like it and so do many others.

Winter in Sandusky:

Winter in Seattle:

Jeff - Advocate of Great Great Tunnels™ - Co-Publisher - PointBuzz - CoasterBuzz - Blog - Music

Don't pretend that it's always nice and sunny in Seattle when it rains 150 plus days out of the year.

My gf and I always joked (but I'm pretty sure we were both absolutely serious) that if we somehow had the means to make it happen (ie. lottery winnings, job transfers, whatever) that one of the first places we would consider moving would be Sandusky, specifically one of the houses on Cedar Point Road. Absolutely love it there, and is close enough to other areas and activities that I don't think I would ever miss much by being there. Thought about other places, and I can promise that Seattle never came up.

If I had that type of money I for sure would have a house on Cedar Point Road as well. But I would leave that house at the end of the summer. There just isn't anything exciting about Sandusky after September.

^Meh, I'm used to it. There's not much exciting about winter in Pittsburgh either.

DRE420 said:

Don't pretend that it's always nice and sunny in Seattle when it rains 150 plus days out of the year.

LULZ. Cleveland had 149 days of rain per year, and the difference is that, being in a temperate rain forest, Seattle still gets sun on most of those rainy days in the winter. It's never a flat gray sky for weeks on end. And yeah, it's sunny and 76 pretty much every day in July and August, and thunderstorms are rarely a thing.

Last edited by Jeff,

Funny thing about opinions - everyone’s is wrong except your own’s.

I don't think that, or at least, I don't express it in a way that's anything other than ironic or sarcastic. But I also love to get a rise out of people who think that rural Ohio is the center of the universe. Good for people who want to live there, but I spent enough time there to learn to really dislike it.

We get that part, just don't bash those of us who love the area.

You're confused. I'm "bashing" the locale and opinions about it, not the people. After all, no one has the "right" opinion, right?

pjmd said:

Being incorporated in Ohio, the corporate taxes paid could be far more significant than just the income and property taxes paid by the C-Suiters mentioned above.

Cedar Fair's corporate headquarters are in Sandusky.

But,as far as I know,the company (Cedar Fair L.P.) is a State of Deleware Limited Partnership.

I would commute 2 hours from downtown Detroit, everyday, before I would EVER consider living in or near Sandusky. ESPECIALLY if I had any money.

Oops! Forgot! There is an Applebee's. Because rich people love it there.

Last edited by Zoug68,

I for one really enjoy Sandusky, and have been loving the improvements downtown. I would gladly take Sandusky over Seattle any day(and I lived in Seattle for 6 years). Between the people, congestion, and bad weather, it just is not a desirable place for me. So I would find that argument “bizarre” at best

Besides, I prefer the lake life much more than the fake life, and that’s what Seattle was to me.

Have fun in CHAZ lol

Yay Columbus!
I always thought Pittsburgh ranked higher in the gloom factor than number 5…
No matter. I’d still take any of those places over the all around awfulness that is Sandusky Ohio. Besides having been born there, I lived there for two years after my two summers working at CP. I found the people there to be friendly enough, but I looked like them which is where many of them squarely place their judgement.
I’ve experienced the beauty of the Great Lakes and once again, those places weren’t on Ohio’s north coast. Erie is ok, but doesn’t hold a candle to Michigan/Huron.
I happen to really like Seattle as well. But I prefer cities with reputations for having things to do.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service