Canada’s Wonderland opening July 5th

Just received an email that CW is opening July 5th and 6th for Passholder preview and the GP on the 7th. Splash Works opens July 12th. Reservations required at both.

SP payment plans starting back up June 17th. :( Oh well, the party had to end sometime. Lol.

Is the border open yet?

There is talk that Canada will soon open the border to allow vaccinated Canadians to cross and return back without quarantine (pending a negative test), but not a lot of substantive talk about when they'll open the border to US citizens. And given our abysmal vaccination rate, hard to blame them. I wouldn't let us in either.

Brandon

Really? I think you mean the other way around. The US rate is 43.9% and Canada is at 8.02%

Sources
US numbers https://www.mayoclinic.org/coronavirus-covid-19/vaccine-tracker
Canada numbers https://health-infobase.canada.ca/covid-19/vaccination-coverage/

I'm surprised the fully vaccinated numbers differ so much between the US and Canada. It's worth noting that Canada holds a slight lead in people with 1 dose.

Canada's rate of vaccination is notably higher than the US. Here, we're apparently done and holding at ~50% while Canada, and pretty much anywhere the vaccine/pandemic hasn't been politicized, is heading toward actual herd immunity.

Brandon

Spots are booking up crazy fast.

And as of right now, it's only letting you book 1 day.

I'd be in no rush to go. I have a feeling their 2021 operations will be the same as Cedar Point 2020 operations. Empty rows, sanitation theater, etc.

Yeah, I have been enjoying the sense of normalcy we’ve had so far this summer with restrictions having been lifted. I would not be running to the Canadian border any time soon to just feel like I stepped into a time warp back to 2020. No thanks!

TwistedWicker77 said:

I would not be running to the Canadian border any time soon to just feel like I stepped into a time warp back to 2020. No thanks!

With the way Canada's handled the response compared to the US, you may want to revisit this. Canada looks like they're about to put the pandemic in the rear view mirror, while the US is more likely to go back into some sort of lockdown with the way things are going.

Brandon

LOL my opinion still stands. This isn’t the time or place to post my full comment about that matter.

Ah, yes, maintaining one's opinion even in the face of new data. America, baby! ;-)

Brandon

Just do your part and worry about yourself.

I was just poking fun at the possibility/likelihood that Canada will end up in a better, less locked-down situation sooner than the US.

But the whole "do your part" thing is ridiculous, because we are, and have been, doing our part. Keeping away from loved ones, remote schooling, our youngest missing her first year of pre-K, getting vaccinated as soon as possible, etc.

It's the people who aren't getting vaccinated who aren't doing their part, and their stubborn ignorance is putting our well being, especially that of our kids, into jeopardy. Forgive me for ranting, but this s*** is getting old.

Brandon

Just worrying about and/or taking care of oneself is not the way out of a pandemic.

In fact, it's a large part of the reason we're going backwards when it could easily be effectively over at this point.

Promoter of fog.

I’m glad you all have done your part. Hopefully not at the expense of enjoyment. As have I done my part throughout all of this

However, don’t take my comment out of context. If you’re vaccinated and taking the precautions, then you should be just fine and no need to worry about what others are doing.

There is some truth to that, but the millions of people in this country refusing to do their part is what is impacting all of us that have done our part. Again. All over the country restrictions are coming back, and with Ohio's vaccination rate still a pathetic 49%, we're not out of the woods here.

I'm not "worried" about what those people are doing, I'm pissed at what they're not doing.

You mentioned not wanting to go to Canada because you didn't want to feel like you entered a time-warp back to 2020. Every day this country is inching back to that. It sure is going to feel an awful lot like 2020 all over again for millions of kids and teachers heading back to the classroom, all because of mass ignorance.

Like you, we have enjoyed a relatively normal summer. I would like to enjoy a relatively normal fall. And winter, and spring...

Last edited by Kevinj,

Promoter of fog.

I had an entire comment typed out, but then I deleted it for the sake of the integrity of my one comment. This is not the time or place for this discussion.

Can I interject and ask which of TW’s personalities we are engaging with at the moment? It just kind of weirds me out not knowing. Is just one or maybe two? or perhaps all three?

Incidentally, this is the time and place. But I was wondering the same thing.

I'm speaking to the person inside you...

Promoter of fog.

You’ll never know 😉

However, poking fun at mental health is tacky no matter how much it “weirds you out”. Especially when I just simply share an account with other people.

There was a time when Walt and Jeff mentioned unnecessary commenting takes up a lot of space and if I remember correctly, same thing goes for multiple users being logged on (I could be wrong about that though). Yes, the account is free, but someone has to pay for it so we felt the need to just use the same account that is always logged in. That’s all.

Now that I explained that…Kevinj, if you feel that this is the time or place to discuss the pandemic and your feelings about it, great. Clearly I don’t think so and I will not partake. Again, I’ve done my part, but continuing to stay pressed about those who don’t is only worrying about things out of your control. I won’t do that either. Have a great weekend!

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service