Any word on staffing?

I've ridden Gemini way more than 42 times in my visit career, that thing has never once gone "straight". Maybe just the blue side.

For those that have been to CP Shores, how has staffing been? It semed in years past that the lifeguard positions were at least 80% foreign recruits, I wonder if it was well staffed otherwise so far. And, have all attractions been available?

jimmyburke said:

I've ridden Gemini way more than 42 times in my visit career, that thing has never once gone "straight". Maybe just the blue side.

You made me laugh. 42 times in a row!! Long time ago when they had three (3) of each train, never ever had a line back then! Wish it would be like that now!

Cedar Point’s new $20 wage is attracting applicants; park hours should be restored this month, Cedar Fair CEO says

Walt Schmidt - Co-Publisher, PointBuzz
PointBuzz on Twitter | Facebook | YouTube
Home to the Biggest Fans of the World's Best Amusement Park

I'm honestly wondering how this wage increase will affect pay for future seasons? Is $20/hr sustainable against the bottom line? Will employees want to come back in future seasons and do the same work for less pay?

Campfreak06, reborn

Is this really straight up $20 an hour? Does it just have a lower hourly base pay but you have to meet certain criteria to get the rest like work the entire season? They could just be offering some kind of bonus pay and embellishing the whole package as $20 per hour.

Last edited by Thabto,

Brian
Valravn Rides: 24| Steel Vengeance Rides: 27| Dragster Rollbacks: 1

If only we knew somebody that works there.

Will they still require reservations once they are fully staffed and back to regular hours?

Clearly the wage increase is working, in terms of attracting new staff. Will be interesting to see if the early line closures will end when they go back to regular hours.

380 MF laps
Smoking Area Drone Pilot

^^I sure hope not, Steve. I hate reservations. Yesterday my niece told me she had looked at every date she knew she would be able to take the kids to the waterpark and couldn't reserve any of them through July based on what's available right now. An overly busy park can be a pain in the butt but sometimes just walking through, hitting a few flats, souvenirs, and the beach for a couple hours is all I need and it's frustrating to need reservations for that and sad knowing that if I make reservations ahead of time knowing that is all I will do on a particular day someone else is losing out on the chance for an entire day at the park because I was there for 2 hours.

Thabto said:

Is this really straight up $20 an hour? Does it just have a lower hourly base pay but you have to meet certain criteria to get the rest like work the entire season? They could just be offering some kind of bonus pay and embellishing the whole package as $20 per hour.

It is $15 an hour plus $5 an hour bonus. They are embellishing it for sure. It doesn't even last the entire season. There are still places in town like Kalahari who are offering a much better overall package.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service