Any word on staffing?

I was just wondering if the incentives that CP was offering resulted in more hires. Anybody know?

If it didn’t what can they possibly do at this point? Scary thought.

They should look into hiring people from the local temp agency. I know that it’s not totally ideal, but it would help the staffing issues a great deal. Hopefully the higher ups and Human Resources will see this and go with it.
#BringBACKlateclosings

Jake Padden
13-Tiques/Wave Swinger
12-Camp Snoopy; Tiques/Wave Swinger
11-CP & LE Railroad Platform; Cedar Creek Mine Ride; Tiques/Wave Swinger

What makes you think the local temp agency has hundreds of workers waiting in the wings?

This idea popped into my head just now and while it seems absurd maybe it isn’t. What is holding many back from returning to the workforce is lack of affordable childcare. Not sure what the current ratio for supervision is these days but let’s say it is 5:1. So for every 1 associate you hire for childcare you get 5 that can now work in the park. CP Day Care actually sounds kind of fun and field trips and activities are a breeze for the pre-k and up kids. Beach Day, Pool Day, Kiddie Kingdom Day.

I'm tempted because I'm off for the summer anyway but I just haven't convinced myself I want to spend two hours driving back and forth to work.

Well the locals aren't going to work there, as there are still plenty of places in town still paying more than CP is. Kalahari is offering more overall, Pizza Hut is offering $1000 sign on bonus, Wendy's is offering an extra $500 per month for perfect attendance.

I don't understand an extra $500 a month for showing up on time to the job you agreed to show up to.

June 11th, 2001 - Gemini 100
VertiGo Rides - 82
R.I.P. Fright Zone, and Cyrus along with it.

I agree that if you agree to take a job you should, you know, do the job. But at the same time, if they're paying bottom-of-the-barrel wages they're going to get bottom-of-the-barrel workers.

Brandon

For what it’s worth, the park was pretty well staffed this past weekend. Most rides were open and well-staffed outside of a few kids rides. I was happy to see they had Magnum and Gemini staffed enough to run all their trains, and those few extra staff make a huge difference in overall park capacity. The check in desk at Lighthouse point had all 4 windows open and our cottage was ready early.

Only exception was There was a fair amount of food/ drink stand closures, but that’s not atypical for May/June anyway. Could have used a few more security staff and ticket tackers at the resort gate in the AM, but they at least had ¾ of the lanes open.

I think they nailed the calculus for attendance vs current staffing. Ride lines seldom got past 90 minutes for FLP rides, and the non FLP rides were typically under 30 minutes. Some food/drink lines got a little long, but nothing excessive. A few thousand more people and that might have been a different story.

Gemini 100- 6/11/01

I was there the last three days and the park is in much better shape than it was opening weekend. I'd say aside from the early closings (8PM for the park and even earlier for some rides), the park seems to be about normal for this time of the season as far as what's open. The only rides that seem to not be open that I noticed were Snake River Falls (cycling empty today - maybe it was actually open and this was a temporary downtime?) and Maxair (also cycling empty). As far as food, a few places remained closed (Wild Turnip and also Roost), but drink locations like Skyride and the one along Frontier Trail was open, Stockade was open, Mac Shack is now open, and probably a few others that I'm not thinking of. At the Q&A for Coastermania, they said they are hiring hundreds of people every day so it's still an ongoing effort. They also said the early ride closings are because of staffing and seemed to indicate the policy is temporary. Hopefully that's the case.

Last edited by MDOmnis,

-Matt

Now that the COVID restrictions are lifted I am wondering if the reservations are still in place because of low staffing? As a long time season pass holder I am a little upset about it now. I bought this pass as I typically do and go when I feel like going. Now I went to make reservations for Sunday at the water park and it's sold out. Sold out for Sat thru Mon! And to top if off you can't make more than one reservation. Now even being a pass member I am limited to how many times I can go and that is not why I bought a pass. Last year it was understood but now it's time to get back to normal. I emailed cedar point and got a somewhat snarky response. Their customer service has certainly gone down over the years and I hope it changes back to what it used to be like.

Just my opinion.

I'm willing to bet I know why you got a snarky response...

Here's the thing, they're doing their damned best under some immensely difficult circumstances. Just because you think "it's time to get back to normal" doesn't mean it's possible to do so.

Last edited by djDaemon,

Brandon

^^As Jason McClure stated during the Q&A session at CoasterMania, the lack of staff is the sole reason for reservations, early closings, and a shortened schedule.

Last edited by DRE420,

I do not understand the reason behind the 1 reservation limit at CPS, but I am somewhat in favor of the reservation system as a whole, permanently. KISC is 2 reservation limit.

Weather permitting we typically spend a couple of hours at the waterpark first, so this potentially throws our visits out of whack.

If it did become permanent I think increasing the reservation limit to 4 or 5 for Platinum Passholders only would be a good differentiation between passes.

Are they holding back some CPS capacity for resort guests?

In any case, it seems that demand is outpacing supply, which is probably why the limit is 1 reservation for now. No doubt they'd rather have more bodies in the spending money if they could handle it.

Brandon

I was nice just voicing my concerns. That's all. In the past when I have been a little more snarky I got nice responses. I just hope they change some things.

DJ, I am sure they are holding back some capacity for resort guests but that would just reduce the number of available reservations per day. Doesn’t explain in my mind why reservations are capped at 1.

It sucks because once you have an active reservation you cannot book another, you can book another for the park for example but not two (2) of the same. So if you book a reservation for the water park let's say late summer you won't be bale to go to the water park until that reservation is used up or canceled.

Really defeats the purpose of a pass if you ask me.

Yeah, it's definitely not ideal, but would you prefer the park not open at all this year?

Brandon

I'll take the park open for sure!

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service