Breakers

Was at the park Monday 5/31/2021 and was shocked to see that Hotel Breakers was closed at noon. Went to have a drink and sit by the beach the sand bar was closed then went to go inside to get a drink and the doors were locked. Pools were closed. Shocked to say the least. I hope things change otherwise CP is going to take it in the shorts.

Other than that park was not too busy, crews getting in their grooves compared to opening day. Always amazing to see how crews go from looking lost to being in a groove.

One item I do not like however is the automated ride messages. The on-ride boarding messages I always thought were awesome when the ride operators did them. They always made them unique and funny. This is too much like Disney! Some rides still have them such as Skyhawk. I was greeted with "on coming riders please remove all loose articles and place them in a bin, such as phones, hats, glasses and chicken fingers". Made me laugh!

I'm sure you've heard that CP is closed on Tuesdays and Wednesdays through June. This includes the resorts. Similar to Halloweekends, the hotel closes at noon the day prior to the parks/resorts being closed.

Yeah I did hear that, but still shocked they would close the restaurants and bars for people who might be in the park and like to use the boardwalk and such.

Just hope things change for them, want to see it get back to normal if you will.

Actually, “normal” for CP hotels is to close at/around check out time any day before the park is closed. That includes weird days like this and any Sunday of weekend operation.
They aren’t hanging around, leaving the hotels open and paying employees on the off chance a park visitor will stroll in looking for a drink. I don’t find that shocking at all. There are plenty of places in the park to get a drink.
I know, I know... something about “atmosphere”...

They've also been having huge staffing issues. This could be part of that

Been visiting yearly with my now wife to celebrate our anniversary since 2010. Proposed on top of Valravn in '17 during the Sunrise Thrills Tour. Proud owner of two bricks in the Legacy Walk and have a piece of Wicked Twister

RCMAC said:

Actually, “normal” for CP hotels is to close at/around check out time any day before the park is closed. That includes weird days like this and any Sunday of weekend operation.
They aren’t hanging around, leaving the hotels open and paying employees on the off chance a park visitor will stroll in looking for a drink. I don’t find that shocking at all. There are plenty of places in the park to get a drink.
I know, I know... something about “atmosphere”...

Yeah I hear you but there are other options for eating as well that aren't your typical "amusement park food". And the lines for drinks inside the park! Ridiculous!

^Those lines always look very long, but they move pretty quick. My friend was stopping at the refresh locations a lot this weekend, and I don't think I ever waited more than 5 minutes for him, even though the lines looked scary.

380 MF laps
Smoking Area Drone Pilot

Dvo said:

^Those lines always look very long, but they move pretty quick. My friend was stopping at the refresh locations a lot this weekend, and I don't think I ever waited more than 5 minutes for him, even though the lines looked scary.

That's good to know. I stayed away since they looked scary!!

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service