Cedar Point Soundtrack?

Does anyone know of an existing CP soundtrack? My daughter was searching music platforms and couldnt find anything listed.

It would be interesting to know how coordinated the music choice is and how much thought is given to the music as you walk around and transition from one zone to the other.

Back in "the day", there was just one cassette tape playing 5 songs on a loop on WWL. After working an entire summer, walking on the rotating platform in 90 degree heat , I will now go to great lengths to avoid hearing "Me and you and a dog named Boo" anytime soon.

Rolling Thunder, I know this doesn't answer your inquiry, but I want to chime in with this.

Along Frontier Trail the past couple seasons I really enjoyed the music piped in. It had a country music twang to it and was covers of many classic rock songs from my era (70's, 80's). It was primarily guitar/banjo with no lyrics, just music. It was fun to try to identify the song & artist, I recall songs by Aerosmith, Rolling Stones, Clapton, Seger, Led Zepplin, AC/DC, and more. I just thought it was nice.

I like some of their old school frontier trail music from years prior but the country covers your referring to have been awesome.

I can't speak outside of frontier town but I know I've found some decent playlists on YouTube based around opening year for steel vengeance.

Still haven't been able to uncross these circuits...
DJ Fischer

There is no official soundtrack that I know of... Though basically all of the music played around the peninsula these days is commercially released. So an app like Soundhound and some time on the midways will get you where you need to be. While perhaps not quite on the level of say a Disney park, I would say that there is a good amount of thought that goes into the background music at the park. There are multiple midway music playlist areas within the park, not to mention different music for the waterpark, hotel, and boardwalk areas. All of the restaurants have their own music as well, even some of the major food stands in the park. (French Quarter plays Zydeco music and Backbeat plays classic rock, for example).

Joe Diffie "Hurt me all the time" is always one that sticks with me from 90s frontiertown. I feel like they probably broke the world record for playing Love Shack as well around the park.

First ride; Magnum 1994

Count me as one who is very disappointed in the music.

Aside from Frontier Town (which nails it) the rest of the park shouldn’t have music with lyrics. It needs to be “background” like all the big parks do (Disney, Busch, Universal).

Sometimes the music takes away from the experience when it’s an artist or song that is disliked. Background/instrumental music is more neutral and why you see it at the big parks.

When the park goes dark, I’m fine with more of a party vibe with current music trends- but during the day it should be more Windseeker and less Luminosity.

I still remember the front gate in the early 2000’s playing various Cedar Point music and big band favorites.

Back in my day, they played Love Shack in the queues over and over again and we liked it.

Jeff - Advocate of Great Great Tunnels™ - Co-Publisher - PointBuzz - CoasterBuzz - Blog - Music

I don’t know if “like” is the word I’d use. More like tolerated it.

on that note…

”We built…..”

June 11th, 2001 - Gemini 100
VertiGo Rides - 82
R.I.P. Fright Zone, and Cyrus along with it.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service