Gerstlauer Announcement

As far as "brutal lake winds" are concerned, why would that make this installation different than any other coaster, or tall ride that has been built in the off-season? I've lived near Lake Erie all my life, and "brutal" winds are nothing new.

The park has said numerous times in the past how the winter winds have affected vertical construction. Have you ever been at the park during the winter with winds so fierce that you can hear them sound like they are ripping through the cables on windseeker from across the park? I have, and nobody is climbing for vertical construction during those periods.

Last edited by DRE420,

scott sarah said:

Look at the CP150 parade picture... and Look at the TMNT Gertslauer and Karnan Gertslauer... it looks similar doesnt it???? Did they show their hand early and people didnt see it?? HMMMM... Just my 2 cents.. They could break soo many records with a Gertslauer... 15 inversions would be the world record, 180 feet vertical lift would break that record and a 130 degree drop would break that.

No thanks

DRE420 said:

The park has said numerous times in the past how the winter winds have affected vertical construction. Have you ever been at the park during the winter with winds so fierce that you can hear them sound like they are ripping through the cables on windseeker from across the park? I have, and nobody is climbing for vertical construction during those periods.

I've been sailing iceboats on Lake Erie for 30 yrs. I know what the wind is like.

Weird flex. ^

Skydiver said:

DRE420 said:

I've been sailing iceboats on Lake Erie for 30 yrs. I know what the wind is like.

That's cool and all, but were you ever more than 100 feet in the air like those construction workers are? I guess you have never listened to any interviews in the past from Adena or CP where they reference difficult and extremely challenging winter construction.

Last edited by DRE420,

Since I was 5-years old I've been rock-climbing 200-foot tall icebergs in Antarctica with my bare hands in 90 mph winds while completing a Rubik's cube, so.....

Last edited by Kevinj,

Promoter of fog.

Not saying this is for CP, but if you take the "challenges with installation" in context with the article, it seems to me that it mean this is the most challenging THEY (Ride Entertainment, Inc) has done. Quote "This will certainly be one of the most formidable installations we have faced". I think being it *could* be, for this particular company, a different build than they're used to. Location and weather.

Last edited by vwhoward,

Joe
Eat 'em up, Tigers, eat 'em up!

Right, but look at their portfolio, which includes locations such as Darien Lake (NW NY, near Toronto), Canobie Park, Valleyfair, Canada's Wonderland, and some place called... (wait for it)... Cedar Point.

Brandon

Fair enough. But I would think a coaster is a different animal than ripcord or slingshot. But I guess I don't really know.

Joe
Eat 'em up, Tigers, eat 'em up!

So one point that was made in another video that I have not seen brought up here is the announced partnership with IMA score. It historically has been pretty active for Cedar Fair to put some sort of good soundtrack together with a new ride and between a new gerslower and a Cedar Point IMA score partnership that kind of leads me to believe where it may be going. Again this is not my idea just confirming pieces other people have brought up.

Still haven't been able to uncross these circuits...
DJ Fischer

CP is also opening an interactive family boat ride this summer that will be an immersive experience. The IMA score could be (most likely is) for the attraction opening this year.

or...it could be for next years attraction.

Point being, a new ride opening this year will most likely have a new soundtrack produced for it, and we may not want to read too much into that bit of information until the season starts and that ride opens to the public.

Yeah, the IMA-CP thing would seemingly be for SRE, whereas the future IMA thing would be for the Gerstlauer project, wherever it lands.

Also, FWIW, IMA worked on Orion and Mystic Timbers. :-)

Brandon

I'm not sure where I saw this at but I'm 90% sure I saw that the IMA Score project was said not to be for SRE. I also think that the IMA score partnership would have been announced last winter pre-Covid rather than this past winter.

The interesting thing was at the tail end of last year the park reportedly started work on a “pre-show building”. Whether that was for SRE or some other upcoming project, I think IMAscore’s work

djDaemon said:

Right, but look at their portfolio, which includes locations such as Darien Lake (NW NY, near Toronto), Canobie Park, Valleyfair, Canada's Wonderland, and some place called... (wait for it)... Cedar Point.

Darien Lake’s weather is way more nasty compared to Toronto, just because of the way the Great Lakes work. But the installs there were all done in March, April, and May... Winter is pretty well past it’s peak here at that time.

And the CP install was slingshot, which was built during normal park operation.

I’m not seeing how they have experience with a brutal Great Lakes winter.

Last edited by Shane Denmark,

ROUNDABOUND.

We often see only what we want to see. :-)

Brandon

DUH! Michigan's Adventure!

Torn on Gerstlauers...They are fun....once...then I want to puke if I ride more. I get nauseous watching Smiler POV's. lol

For whoever builds this coaster, the restraint choice will be everything. TMNT Shellraiser uses the AWFUL over the shoulder restraints. They box you pretty badly. If it's the lap bar style like HangTime and Monster, now we're in business.

I haven't ridden The Smiler, but the criticisms I've heard of it also all center around the over the shoulder restraints. It's going to be a big deal with this new coaster for sure.

Last edited by James Parker jr,

CP Coaster Top 10: 1. Steel Vengeance (40 rides to date) 2. Top Thrill Dragster (191 launches to date, 4 rollbacks) 3. Magnum XL 200 4. Millennium Force 5. Maverick 6. Raptor 7. GateKeeper 8. Valravn 9. Rougarou 10. Gemini

I've been on Smiler, and it's a fantastic ride. Granted, I'm very tall, so my head is above the headrests on just about every ride. But also agree that Hangtime has some nice restraints. Love those coasters.

380 MF laps
Smoking Area Drone Pilot

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service