Road Closed at Cedar Point?

The road from Cedar Point Causeway to Sunset Drive off of Cedar Point Road is currently closed. I tried to see what I could but couldn't see much. Could this be construction on the new coaster?

Or maybe they are repairing the road that was crumbling away.

Steve Shives
First Cedar Point Visit - 1972
Dockholder-Cedar Point Marina

Did you hear an announcement I didn't?

Joe
Eat 'em up, Tigers, eat 'em up!

I remember reading quite some time back (pre-plague) that Cedar Point Rd. is supposed to be getting repaved. Maybe it's finally happening.

Indeed it is happening. Last week they had the survey markings from the turn past the weeping willows all the way to that house that used to have the fake palm tree. This week Erie Asphalt trucks have been hard at work completing the section of the CP parking lot near that fake evergreen tree/pole and have begun overlaying the Chausee full length. There was a short blurb about it in the Sandusky Register and you may notice webcam #1 pointed at Blue Streak where you could see the construction equipment in the upper left portion of the view near the Chausee parking lot booth.

But remember, you are "encouraged" to not use that route to access CP, even though it is quite picturesque with lake views and waterfowl.

I am "encouraged' by lots of powers that be to do or not do many things. Their success rates vary from situation to situation.

I wonder if it has something to do with the weather on Wednesday

In other road news; they have removed those silly three foot high posts that divide the turning lanes at the corner of Cleveland Rd. and Cedar Point Dr. You know, right by the location of the "New Cedar Point Entrance Sign" that you all are in an uproar over. Those things seem useless to me, they may prevent some from wandering into the other lane but they seem more like another item for the Streets Dept. to have to constantly attend to after drivers knock them down.

Perhaps they removed them for large truck deliveries of track for that new 2022 coaster people are excited about.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service