Gerstlauer Announcement

Not sure if this could be CP or not. Plans to open in May of 2022. I'm just a victim of off season speculation. 🤣

http://amusementtoday.com/2021/04/gerstlauer-to-build-one-of-a-kind...ed-states/

Joe
Eat 'em up, Tigers, eat 'em up!

I mean, maybe, but they mention the "challenging location for this coaster" and I can't really think of anywhere at CP where that holds true. Now King's Island, on the other hand...

Brandon

Mostly wishful thinking on my part. I just need to get to the Point and enjoy this year instead of worrying about next year!

Last edited by vwhoward,

Joe
Eat 'em up, Tigers, eat 'em up!

The "challenging location" bit leads me to believe Dollywood and their terrain over a park like CP. Maybe opening day hits we'll see some evidence, site prep if it is for the park. Also, track should begin arriving within the next few months too if it's for CP. Should have a solid idea but July/August.

Personally, I would much rather a ride like this end up at another CF park, Dollywood or maybe even Holiday World. In my opinion, it's just not what CP needs as a park. The constant record breaker is exhausting. I know I've mentioned this before on some of the prediction/wish list threads but I would love to see the next coaster be a family ride, like a GG family woodie or one of those B&M family inverts. Something with a lower height requirement that the whole family can enjoy.

CP hasn't added a true family coaster since... Pipescream! ;)

This will be an interesting project to keep an eye on, regardless of where it's announced.

Last edited by WolfBobs,

Fiesta Texas has the best to me, because of the quarry walls. But Dollywood is also crazy hilly.

Jeff - Advocate of Great Great Tunnels™ - Co-Publisher - PointBuzz - CoasterBuzz - Blog - Music

I personally don't think it would be Dollywood. That plot of land they cleared next to Wildwood Grove for the likely Hyper (based on the results of the guest survey) is actually pretty flat, and now wide open.

The "May 2022" also would seem to exclude any Six Flags park, given their history of long construction timelines for coasters and eventual opening dates.

CP Coaster Top 10: 1. Steel Vengeance (40 rides to date) 2. Top Thrill Dragster (191 launches to date, 4 rollbacks) 3. Magnum XL 200 4. Millennium Force 5. Maverick 6. Raptor 7. GateKeeper 8. Valravn 9. Rougarou 10. Gemini

The words “challenging location” and “formidable installation” doesn’t match any part of the peninsula in my opinion. However the May 2022 date is pretty specific and does rule out at least a few Cedar Fair parks, but then again this could be going anywhere for all we know.

What we do know is that CF hit the pause button pretty hard for capital investments and I had earlier in the year stated that I didn’t think we’d see much in 2022 either because of needing to see how normal of an operating year 2021 will be. But who knows, actually only Tony knows.

How does "challenging location" not make anyone think of Cedar Point? Challenging location can also include building in and around other rides/coasters, buildings, or even a....waterfront. Hell, Sandusky winters alone make any installation a challenge.

Last edited by 99er,

Cedar Point was my first thought when I heard "challenging location" mostly because of the harsh winters and scheduling. Add in the fact that the park is land locked, where as either something is removed or the challenge of building around current attractions.

Look at the CP150 parade picture... and Look at the TMNT Gertslauer and Karnan Gertslauer... it looks similar doesnt it???? Did they show their hand early and people didnt see it?? HMMMM... Just my 2 cents.. They could break soo many records with a Gertslauer... 15 inversions would be the world record, 180 feet vertical lift would break that record and a 130 degree drop would break that.

99er said:

How does "challenging location" not make anyone think of Cedar Point?

Because none of those characteristics are even a little bit abnormal. Every park literally everywhere has existing structures, property lines, and weather.

Brandon

But not every location provides an opportunity for an underwater tunnel...

Promoter of fog.

Kevin, will the underwater tunnel have fog?

Well, the good news is that we will eventually find out later this season if something new is coming to Cedar Point. Unless they pull a Maverick or Valravn and demolish a structure and let it sit for a year or two.

djDaemon said:

99er said:

How does "challenging location" not make anyone think of Cedar Point?

Because none of those characteristics are even a little bit abnormal. Every park literally everywhere has existing structures, property lines, and weather.

True, but what other park faces the hardship of a lake erie winter with construction?

I'll also add in the fact that as far as property lines are concerned, surrounding land can be bought whereas lake erie can't.

Last edited by DRE420,

mgou58 said:
Well, the good news is that we will eventually find out later this season if something new is coming to Cedar Point. Unless they pull a Maverick or Valravn and demolish a structure and let it sit for a year or two.

Um...they've already done that...

--Dave Althoff, Jr.

/X\ *** Respect rides. They do not respect you. ***
/XXX\ /X\ /X\_ _ /X\__ _ _____
/XXXXX\ /XXX\ /XXXX\_ /X\ /XXXXX\ /X\ /XXXXX
_/XXXXXXX\_/XXXXX\_/XXXXXXX\_/XXX\_/XXXXXXX\__/XXX\__/XXXXXX

And they replaced it already.

Just looked up Gerstlauer on RCDB and wow, they have been cranking out a half dozen or more coasters every year. It just so happens most of them have not been in the United States.

https://rcdb.com/r.htm?ot=2&mk=6948&ii

Seems like they have been a pretty even variety as well. Seems like this new one for 2022 could easily be one of their Infinity, Euro Fighter, or Bobsled models. All 3 types seem to be appearing all over.

(I don't think it will be for Cedar Point though.)

Last edited by Chuck Wagon,

-- Chuck Wagon --
aka Pagoda Gift Shop

DRE420 said

True, but what other park faces the hardship of a lake erie winter with construction?

I'll also add in the fact that as far as property lines are concerned, surrounding land can be bought whereas lake erie can't.

Canada's Wonderland gets an awful lot of snow, FWIW. And when was the last time a park purchased land in order to make coaster construction easier? That's just nonsensical.

The "reasoning" being employed here reminds me of the RMC MS is definitely opening next year "reasoning," where people were letting their hopes cloud their judgement. In both cases the most likely outcome - based on an objective consideration of the information - wasn't the one they desired, so they misinterpreted the information until they reached their desired outcome.

Do I want a shiny new Gerstlauer coaster at CP next year? Absolutely! But given the "challenging location" bit, I don't think this one is headed to Sandusky.

Brandon

Obviously Wonderland gets snow, but I wasn't referring to the snow as much as I am for the brutal lake winds that CP experiences every winter.

And yeah, land purchase is very much possible when parks plan for expansion. Idk if it has happened, the point is, it can happen, idk why that's nonsensical. But we also thought the Rougarou conversion was impossible and very unlikely.

Last edited by DRE420,

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service