Remembering the Upside Down Funhouse

Do any of you guys remember all the rooms and the order of them? I have asked before and am trying again.

I recall entering the upside room parlor with the lady on the ceiling. I remember walking past the cave and the squishy floor. I remember the tilted room. I remember the mirror maze. And of course the slides. Anything else?

The soft floor was first, right inside the entrance there were a couple of narrow, dark corridors and the floor took people by surprise. The cave room came after the upside down room and there was a little suspended, bouncy bridge over some water. In later years the bridge was made solid but it still had the dip in it. Next came the tilted room that was done up to look vaguely like a saloon. After another corridor came stairs to the second floor. At the top came a small glass maze. After that was a spinning lady. On approach you could see her from behind and her back was bare. When she flipped to face you she was a goulish skeleton. That stunt may have been by funhouse designer Bill Tracy- he made one that was similar and he was famous for figures of scantily clad women, usually in torture scenes or depicted as rotting corpses. There was also an alien or something up there as well. After that was a larger room where you could line up behind one of three spiral slides or take a flight of stairs down to an exit.

I toured the Upside Down Funhouse too many times to count, and I think that’s a complete list of rooms and stunts. Looking back it wasn’t much. The best funhouse in Ohio was Euclid Beach’s Surprise House. It was a long trip through rooms, corridors, moving floors and stairs, and startling or weird figures. And it featured an original Laughing Sal in her rightful place. I’d like to find someone who has vivid memories of that walk-through.

RCMAC, thanks for jogging my memory of both Houses. I know that I went through Euclid Beach's as a child as my Grandfather played piano in the Ballroom there so we were regulars. But, I have zero memories of the layout. For CP's the slides at the end were a highlight for this kid, back then I wasn't too sure about statues of scantily clad figures. Rotor was right across from it.

Insurance likely eliminated some of the "hazard" areas of these attractions. Well, at least there is a spot for Troika Troika Troika & Tiki Twirl.

You guys have great memories! Loved the Upside-down Funhouse, but about all I can remember is what it looked like, and that it was across from the Rotor.

I remember all of that except the spinning lady thing. Thanks.

I'm unfortunately too young (I don't get to say that often anymore) to have any memories. Now there is a POV of every ride everywhere on Youtube; if only we could go back in time.

Promoter of fog.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service