2021 Park Predictions:

I am at least. There was a mention a while back about the park eventually updating the sign, with the modified logo.

It's officially part of the 150 overhaul. They mentioned it last year at WCO and it was one of the projects that got delayed. I'd be surprised if we didn't see it this year, I'm keeping my eyes open for it at WCO this year.

Still haven't been able to uncross these circuits...
DJ Fischer

Just got an email, Opening Day is May 14th.

Who had that prediction?

Edit: Jake10 had May 8th. Everyone else overbid on the Showcase Showdown.

Last edited by operative_me,

-Craig
Lifetime Laps on Woodstock Express: 0

My email is from Wonderland, so CPs could be different. However, mine does say that they'll be skipping rows on rides.

If that is true, have to expect access passes and no daily fast lane at CP once again. Rough.

CP Coaster Top 10: 1. Steel Vengeance (40 rides to date) 2. Top Thrill Dragster (191 launches to date, 4 rollbacks) 3. Magnum XL 200 4. Millennium Force 5. Maverick 6. Raptor 7. GateKeeper 8. Valravn 9. Rougarou 10. Gemini

Looks like the whole chain is opening around Mid-May. Not really a late opening for CP. My email from CP says nothing about what they will be doing this year as far as safety guidelines. But the access passes were a deal breaker for me. It's why I only visited 2 times last season. I mostly went to Kings Island where there were no AP's and I was able to do what I wanted when I wanted and didn't have to plan my day around the AP's. Hopefully they can increase capacity on attractions this year and eliminate the need for AP's. CW is another country so they may have more strict guidelines there.

Last edited by Thabto,

Brian
Valravn Rides: 24| Steel Vengeance Rides: 27| Dragster Rollbacks: 1

I'm curious if they do bring back access passes, even if they are skipping rows. In the fall, there were lines for non-AP rides that were certainly multiple hours long. And to be frank, I'm really not sure what the AP's are accomplishing.

It's one thing if the entire queue line is stuffed into an indoor enclosure. But the queues at CP are all outdoors, and large enough to hold a lot of people, even when socially-distancing. And even if the queue spills out to the midways, that's no different than the queues that already exist for the access passes in the afternoons. If the park wanted to enforce the earlier end-of-day ride closure times, they could just close the lines early. I'm hoping that's not the case this year, but at least with that route, anyone could choose to wait for the ride they want to ride at any time throughout the day.

380 MF laps
Smoking Area Drone Pilot

So in an interesting twist, health officials in Canada have essentially stated that a determination on when and if Canada’s Wonderland will open will be determined at a later time. Which is odd considering Cedar Fair seemed quite confident in announcing park openings yesterday.

What an awful situation it is for Wonderland (my home park). They had strong indications last year in June that they'd be included in their regions phase 3, so they hired a ton of people, spent 3 weeks testing every ride in the park for an early July opening, put up the front gate testing tents and signage... And about a week out they got the news they wouldn't be included. Then they were prepping for the reduced Winterfest as well, but then that didn't happen either. Two lost years after 2019 was such a great success with Yukon Striker and Winterfest.

Have to be concerned for Cedar Fair's future with the strong possibility of 2 lost years for two of the top three parks in the chain (Knotts and CW).

CP Coaster Top 10: 1. Steel Vengeance (40 rides to date) 2. Top Thrill Dragster (191 launches to date, 4 rollbacks) 3. Magnum XL 200 4. Millennium Force 5. Maverick 6. Raptor 7. GateKeeper 8. Valravn 9. Rougarou 10. Gemini

Is it safe to say that the only way we will ever return to a pre-pandemic amusement park industry is herd immunity? And the quickest way to get there is vaccines. But that will still take several more months according to some experts. What a mess.

There was a post circulating on FB that CGA has sent their passholders a May reopening date. But I heard nothing about Knott's. I don't know if CF jumped the gun on the CGA announcement or if they are going to be able to reopen in May as stated in their passholder emails. CA doesn't seem to want to reopen things and have the strictest lockdown measures.

Last edited by Thabto,

Brian
Valravn Rides: 24| Steel Vengeance Rides: 27| Dragster Rollbacks: 1

James Parker jr said:

What an awful situation it is for Wonderland (my home park). They had strong indications last year in June that they'd be included in their regions phase 3, so they hired a ton of people, spent 3 weeks testing every ride in the park for an early July opening, put up the front gate testing tents and signage... And about a week out they got the news they wouldn't be included. Then they were prepping for the reduced Winterfest as well, but then that didn't happen either. Two lost years after 2019 was such a great success with Yukon Striker and Winterfest.

Trying to schedule future events is ridiculously difficult, especially since the rules/regulations keep changing. At my place of business, we have talent agents trying to convince us to put shows for sale for April/May. Do I hope things are so much better then? Of course I do! But right now (in Ohio at least) the Governor has put our curfew at 11pm, and if we a really good, it will go to midnight in a couple of weeks. But if we screw up, back to 10pm for you! It's going to be a bitch to navigate, and we are a smallish business. I can't imagine how it is to juggle scheduling for a regional destination like CP.

Last edited by operative_me,

-Craig
Lifetime Laps on Woodstock Express: 0

Yeah the more I read into this the more confused I am. CF essentially sent out emails regarding opening dates for nearly all their properties including those in areas that are unable to open right now, and will likely not be that much more improved by May. Which leads me to believe that this is either A: a way to market the new season and start the hype; or B: has ties to season passes and payments associated with those passes. Or C: they’re just super confident and optimistic.

But then again who knows? Maybe by May this pandemic will be more controlled than it is now. I doubt it though.

Castaway Bay is tentatively planning on reopening in May according to the website.
https://www.castawaybay.com

If they’re planning to open Castaway Bay, do you think that’s a sign that Cedar Point Shores will probably be open as well?

Last edited by CoasterRider76,

I don't know Castaway Bay has the hotel aspect to it so it may make more sense to use staffing resources there, Cedar Shores doesn't but then being outdoors Cedar Shores in theory would be "safer". I just wish the opening for Castaway was sooner. By May I'll probably have my pool up and it won't be as big of a deal but I could really go for some wave pool and a soak in the grotto right now.

operative_me, I didn’t get any e-mails. Is it just for the employees, or did it go to season pass holders also?

Jake Padden
13-Tiques/Wave Swinger
12-Camp Snoopy; Tiques/Wave Swinger
11-CP & LE Railroad Platform; Cedar Creek Mine Ride; Tiques/Wave Swinger

I got an email as well. I'm only a season pass holder. Unless it's tied into WCO for CP somehow?

Still haven't been able to uncross these circuits...
DJ Fischer

Doubt It's tied into WCO. Due to Covid, we won't be going this year, and I received the e-mail. However, in the past, season-Passhplder e-mails have been brought up here that I haven't gotten. Technology...

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service