2021 Park Predictions:

Now into the new year, I wanted to see if anyone wanted to post some predictions. With so many unknowns I think it would be fun to post them and revisit later.

Here are 10 predictions for the season:

Opening Day: Saturday, May 22nd

Will Cedar Point Shores Operate: Yes

Will Dragster have any significant, weeks long downtime: No

Will the 150th season special parade occur: Yes

Will masks be required for the entire 2021 season: Yes

Will daily Fastlane tickets be offered during the summer season: No

Will Forbidden Frontier operate: No

Will Halloweekends occur with scare zones/haunted houses: Yes

Will the park return to closing lines at park close, rather than 30-90 minutes prior: Yes

Will the park announce a new coaster for 2022: Yes

CP Coaster Top 10: 1. Steel Vengeance (40 rides to date) 2. Top Thrill Dragster (191 launches to date, 4 rollbacks) 3. Magnum XL 200 4. Millennium Force 5. Maverick 6. Raptor 7. GateKeeper 8. Valravn 9. Rougarou 10. Gemini

Will wheels on coasters be installed incorrectly?

Will buckets be installed on Giant Wheel on May 1st or later?

Will black shirt higher-ups still wear black?

Will War Emblem ever win the triple crown?

Will green train operate on Millenium Force?

Will Magnum xl200 continue to sink?

Will Snoopy Bounce House be operating?

Will Wicked Twister be moved to California?

Will smoking areas be moved to Thirsty Pony vicinity?

Will most CP policies and announcements be met with complaints? YES

Will "make me whole" department have a line back to the midway? YES

Waterpark? maybe but the mask thing is a big question mark.

Forbidden frontier? Probably

Halloween scare zones? Not if things don't improve but they may.

Dragster having no extended downtime? lololololololololololololololololololololololol....deep breath in...lolololololololololololol

First ride; Magnum 1994

Not going to hold my breath on CP Shores opening.

1. Park opens Saturday May 27th

2. 150th Anniversary activities and attractions will happen

3. Cadillac Cars in Frontiertown will be gone before the park opens for 2021 season

4. Halloweekends will return but a modified version

5. Access passes will continue for Steel Vengeance, Maverick, Millennium Force and Dragster for 2021 season and cause more complaints and long waits

6. Modified version of Forbidden Frontier this season

7. Increased capacity for rides will happen

8. CP will increase hourly operations at some point this season

9. SV will still have some downtime through out the season for structural issues

10. CP will not build a coaster for 2022 season it will be for 2023

Cadillac Cars are on the Main Midway. Antique Cars are in Frontiertown.

Bluestreaker said:

Cadillac Cars are on the Main Midway. Antique Cars are in Frontiertown.

Yep i know the Antique Cars are in Frontiertown sorry for the typo!

Will 2021 passes (2020 passes for some) be extended through 2022 if normal operations are still a distant memory for the 2021 season?

MForce said:

Will 2021 passes (2020 passes for some) be extended through 2022 if normal operations are still a distant memory for the 2021 season?

This is an interesting one for sure. My Platinum Passes are from Wonderland so I have no idea how they'll handle that. With how Ontario is going, I think a drastically reduced (if any) 2021 season at CW is possible. For me I'll still get value last year and this, but for most Canadians they won't potentially.

CP Coaster Top 10: 1. Steel Vengeance (40 rides to date) 2. Top Thrill Dragster (191 launches to date, 4 rollbacks) 3. Magnum XL 200 4. Millennium Force 5. Maverick 6. Raptor 7. GateKeeper 8. Valravn 9. Rougarou 10. Gemini

Very high wishful thinking, but building a log flume similar to Knott's Timber Mountain to replace Antique Cars would be nice.

Will the lemon chill guy take Tony's position since he does most of the PR around here these days

All jokes/sarcasm aside, I'm really interested about the prospect of Forbidden Frontier. This was such a huge hit when it debuted, and a central focus of the 2020 plans; I am honestly not sure what to predict.

Of all the things, it was sad to see to it gone; especially with two young daughters who loved it and were looking forward to its upgrades.

Promoter of fog.

Kevinj, as for the inter-action with the various characters that worked Forbidden Frontier, it shouldn't be too difficult to sanitize the items that were passed between actors and guests. As of now it would be likely that the actors would be masked. There are quite a few props and common "touch" points along the trail that they would have to address as to how to handle the curious hands. The interactive Feud performance at the stage involved guests in very close proximity, but they could change the script. The rope structure would require a sanitization plan, close it for 15 minutes each hour or so. I think staffing is a major issue, heck one can "join the team for $12.00 to $15.00 per hour." Last season had quite a large amount of employees that transferred in from other Cedar Fair parks that were closed, perhaps likely to be open this season. Also, many Black Shirt higher-ups staffing alternate positions. Also, no foreign employees. We'll see.

The cast of Forbidden Frontier is hired through Live E and the season and schedule is what a live show might be. Same thing for the real humans that were to inhabit the new boat ride.
Keep your eye on audition notices to help determine what might be in store for the island this summer, if anything. They tour to certain college campuses, and OSU has at least one day. It may have already happened for all I know.

I predict that this season will look a lot like last season with a few changes mostly in the Live E space and overall staffing. The park is in a bit of a precarious situation as the 150th celebration “technically” was supposed to be a two part thing, starting with last season. I suspect that the park is anxious to figure out ways to fully embrace the 150th celebrations hand in hand with the ongoing pandemic that at this point is not likely to be better anytime soon. (See: the many recent movie delays made by the major studios)

I still don’t see a plausible way to open the water park, despite the CEO stating they intended to open all their parks this year, that perhaps was him being a little too optimistic. We will see what they do however.

I do predict that all of the half finished construction from last year will most likely be completed this year and IF there is anything planned for 2022 we will likely start to see that prep work as well, and I’d be surprised if an attraction or two wasn’t removed this season for the same reasons, again IF the park is moving forward again with capital investments.

Lastly, I predict that Halloweekends will once again return albeit in a smaller scale or format.

Opening Day: Saturday, May 8th

Will Cedar Point Shores Operate: Yes/opening Saturday May 29th

Will Dragster have any significant, weeks long downtime: Yes, it’s Dragster, lol

Will the 150th season special parade occur: Yes

Will masks be required for the entire 2021 season: No

Will daily Fastlane tickets be offered during the summer season: Yes

Will Forbidden Frontier operate: Yes

Will Halloweekends occur with scare zones/haunted houses: Yes/normal schedule

Will the park return to closing lines at park close, rather than 30-90 minutes prior: Yes

Will the park announce a new coaster for 2022: Yes

Will the park return to early entry and 10 pm or later closings: Yes

Jake Padden
13-Tiques/Wave Swinger
12-Camp Snoopy; Tiques/Wave Swinger
11-CP & LE Railroad Platform; Cedar Creek Mine Ride; Tiques/Wave Swinger

We might see prep work at chillout for the proposed 2022 coaster... during the video... did you see what was on the screen with santa (Present) ... Valravn... what company did Valravn?? B&M.... HMMM...

scott sarah said:

We might see prep work at chillout for the proposed 2022 coaster... during the video... did you see what was on the screen with santa (Present) ... Valravn... what company did Valravn?? B&M.... HMMM...

plus there was a seagull on the screen as well, so it could have something to do with Cedar Point Shores or it could be a surf coaster🤔

Jake Padden
13-Tiques/Wave Swinger
12-Camp Snoopy; Tiques/Wave Swinger
11-CP & LE Railroad Platform; Cedar Creek Mine Ride; Tiques/Wave Swinger

It would be nice to see the sign on Cleveland Road get the much anticipated update. I'd personally like to see the current sign completely replaced by a new marquee with similar aesthetics of the new parking toll booths, along with features of the old sign that stood from the 1960s to mid 1990s.

Anticipated? Who’s anticipating?

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service