Utility Markings at Antique Cars

I look at it this way. There are 40+ Wild Mouse coasters from Mack operating these days. And for the most part, if you’ve been on one you’ve been on em all. So far there’s only one Copperhead Strike and it’s clearly the superior ride for a number of reasons.

There are at least two distinct layouts for the Mack mice, plus other variations, like the modified cars that make the one at Knott's virtually unrideable and probably unsafe. There are also distinct variations in the way the rides are operated, for example the one at Hersheypark is probably the only one in the US that uses non-stop loading and unloading AND runs nearly brakeless.

Yeah, Copperhead Strike is one of a kind, but the mice aren't all the same.

--Dave Althoff, Jr.

/X\ *** Respect rides. They do not respect you. ***
/XXX\ /X\ /X\_ _ /X\__ _ _____
/XXXXX\ /XXX\ /XXXX\_ /X\ /XXXXX\ /X\ /XXXXX
_/XXXXXXX\_/XXXXX\_/XXXXXXX\_/XXX\_/XXXXXXX\__/XXX\__/XXXXXX

The modification to the cars at Knotts was the result of a youngster sticking his foot out the car as it was coming into the unload position, and getting it wedged between the car and the platform. Short of completely redesigning the car body to satisfy the state, the leg shields are a compromise. I'm not aware if the rides at California Adventure or Legoland California had to have the same modifications installed. Haven't been to either of them in ages.

Dave, I know my mice, thank you.
And even with variations they still number. Unique ones are Europa’s and Warner Bros. in Australia. And that would be by virtue of the elevator lift- eventually they get to the standard Mack layout. Scooby Doo Spooky is the shining example with a dark ride section and reverse segments as well. Knott’s, KD’s, Canada’s Wonderland are examples of the extended versions with a different layout.
My friendly quarrel with the poster involved my complete misunderstanding how anyone could prefer a production model Wild Mouse (and not a good one, particularly), over a brilliant custom layout like Copperhead Strike.
But you knew that.

The leg shields on Coast Rider made it the most uncomfortable ride experience I've ever had on a coaster, worse than Time Warp, SkyRush... anything. No matter how many times I walk between HangTime and Xcelerator, I'll never ride that torture machine again. Looks nice, though.

CP Coaster Top 10: 1. Steel Vengeance (40 rides to date) 2. Top Thrill Dragster (191 launches to date, 4 rollbacks) 3. Magnum XL 200 4. Millennium Force 5. Maverick 6. Raptor 7. GateKeeper 8. Valravn 9. Rougarou 10. Gemini

From what I saw a few weeks ago, there were utilities markers in both Celebration Plaza and around Wicked Twister. All the markers around the Antiques were gone.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service