Utility Markings at Antique Cars

Just going off my experience with Manta and what other people have said about the b&m flyers about the operations and capacity of them I think would be a bad fit for CP they don't need another B&M! I think a upscaled up to date modern world class GCI woodie is what they need! They could even use the titan track for inversions if they wanted to!

I'd also prefer a modern GCI, perhaps the first purpose built with some Titan track. Seems way too close to what Steel Vengeance is, especially from a perception standpoint, however. I love Tatsu and that would be the benchmark (along with the insane looking Flying Dinosaur) and I just don't see it for CP as a 5th B&M. The pretzel loop they would build would probably be insane. The one on Tatsu in the back row is the most intense sustained element I've experienced on any coaster.

CP Coaster Top 10: 1. Steel Vengeance (40 rides to date) 2. Top Thrill Dragster (191 launches to date, 4 rollbacks) 3. Magnum XL 200 4. Millennium Force 5. Maverick 6. Raptor 7. GateKeeper 8. Valravn 9. Rougarou 10. Gemini

The two best B&M "flying" coasters I have ridden (not to be confused with the only Flying Coaster I have ridden, Kennywood's soon-to-be-departed Kangaroo) are Tatsu and Manta. In both cases, what makes the ride is the setting. Tatsu because it is literally on top of the mountain, and Manta because of its interaction with the aquarium.

Cedar Point simply does not have an opportunity for interaction like that.

If they want to build a flying coaster, I think the best way to approach it would be to build something else first...Shoot the Rapids could have provided an ideal opportunity with its canyons and hills...but with the idea of having it interact with the flying coaster, then build the flying coaster around it. In other words, create an interesting environment for the ride to operate in first, then build the ride to match.

--Dave Althoff, Jr.

/X\ *** Respect rides. They do not respect you. ***
/XXX\ /X\ /X\_ _ /X\__ _ _____
/XXXXX\ /XXX\ /XXXX\_ /X\ /XXXXX\ /X\ /XXXXX
_/XXXXXXX\_/XXXXX\_/XXXXXXX\_/XXX\_/XXXXXXX\__/XXX\__/XXXXXX

I'm sure an engineer could figure it out but the idea of a flying coaster that zips through the structure of Steel Vengeance would be appealing to me.

"You can dream, create, design and build the most wonderful place in the world...but it requires people to make the dreams a reality."

-Walt Disney

My wish list at this point is down to two: a GCI similar to mystic timbers and a TRUE flume ride.

Obviously it’ll likely be another season or two before we see what’s next for Cedar Point but I can’t see them building yet another steel coaster. Hopefully it’ll be more unique than that.

If I had a dime for every time someone has said " I can't see them building yet another steel coaster." around here.

I'd have an ass load of dimes.

Last edited by Red Garter Rob,

June 11th, 2001 - Gemini 100
VertiGo Rides - 82
R.I.P. Fright Zone, and Cyrus along with it.

Red Garter Rob said:

I'd have an ass load of dimes.

Exactly how many dimes is one "ass load?" Is this an official measurement? Is there a conversion for the Euro equivalent? Do exchange rates factor in for Canadian dimes?

Asking for a friend...

The ass load is also determined by a factor of how long one can maintain said load. An hour? A day?

Five years?

Promoter of fog.

I don't think it is quite enough volume to fill up an unmounted Giant Wheel bucket or a non-operating Sky-Ride car (or whatever you call them).Perhaps it is enough currency to pay an hours wage of a Black-Shirt Higher-up.

If said amount isn't enough to top off a ride vehicle, fill the remaining part with hot cheese.

Obviously I was referring to the next season or two, not as in never again will they build another steel coaster. But it’s the internet and obviously especially in today’s age I need to be highly specific.

I personally don't care WHAT the next new coaster is, as long as they make it GREAT

Been visiting yearly with my now wife to celebrate our anniversary since 2010. Proposed on top of Valravn in '17 during the Sunrise Thrills Tour. Proud owner of two bricks in the Legacy Walk and have a piece of Wicked Twister

You mean with the wheels correctly assembled? Or.... ?

380 MF laps
Smoking Area Drone Pilot

And if it doesn't run at the maximum PPH capacity every hour as designed by the manufacturer, we should get money refunded from our passes.

Last edited by Cartwright,

Would that make you whole Dvo? ;-)

Last edited by negative g,

Jason

Why do they call it common sense, when it's so infrequently used?

Maybe.. But a Ticket of a Lifetime would surely suffice. :)

380 MF laps
Smoking Area Drone Pilot

What about a MACK ride? they seem to be getting better with their rides.

I've been on two Mack's, both at Carowinds. Ricochet was fine and I loved Copperhead strike.

-Craig
Lifetime Laps on Woodstock Express: 0

operative_me said:

I've been on two Mack's, both at Carowinds. Ricochet was fine and I loved Copperhead strike.

For me, it's the other way around. Copperhead is fine and I love Ricochet. I'd wait 45 minutes to ride Ricochet before I wait 45 minutes to ride Copperhead.

Last edited by MichaelB,

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service