Closing Day 2020

Perhaps the most bizarre Cedar Point season ends today. And there's a chance of snow showers and there will be sustained winds of 20-30 mph. I'm sitting this one out for the first time in ages, but an amazing tip of the hat to everyone at Cedar Point that made this season happen.

Closing Day last year was incredibly windy too, but not nearly as cold. I hope 2021 brings a better Cedar Point season and a better world for us all, in many different ways.

We'll miss you MrScott and Pete

Last year at least had a break in the weather that allowed for a late afternoon of riding from about 4pm on.

I hope that happens. According to Weatherbug, it's going to be windy as **** all day. It's going to peak at 3-4 pm at a westward breeze of 28 mph, then it's going to go down from there. I can tell you that if I was sailing I would have killed for wind like that.

Steel Vengeance rides: 210

I'd rather be sailing

Marina operations attendant 2021-2023

I just left the park and wind was howling with on/off snow showers. Not much running. Its a very fitting end to this weird 2020 season.

Steve Shives
First Cedar Point Visit - 1972
Dockholder-Cedar Point Marina

I'm glad that I decided to have my "closing day" yesterday. A tad chilly but otherwise it was a beautiful day at the park.

Queue Times shows the only coasters that opened today are Blue Streak, Corkscrew and Wicked Twister. I guess if there was a Closing Day to miss, this was the one. At this point even if the wind died down, no way the temps are high enough for startup temps

I bet they'd extend by a week if they could for both Ohio parks. Next weekend looks beautiful in both Sandusky and Mason. What a tough year. 4 visits for us, had a good time under tough conditions.

CP Coaster Top 10: 1. Steel Vengeance (40 rides to date) 2. Top Thrill Dragster (191 launches to date, 4 rollbacks) 3. Magnum XL 200 4. Millennium Force 5. Maverick 6. Raptor 7. GateKeeper 8. Valravn 9. Rougarou 10. Gemini

I didn't make it out to closing day, said my seasons farewells last weekend. My hats off to Cedar Point and Cedar Fair for all they've done this year. If on the off chance one of the CP team from this year reads this that has an account here, I'd like to send you my personal thanks for all you and your coworkers have done and worked through to make this summer happen. I have some wonderful memories from the park this year, definitely some of my best memories of 2020. My next glass of scotch is raised to a wonderful CP 2020 and for an outstanding 2021 and 150th celebration! Y'all have a wonderful off-season and see you next year.

Now back to our regularly scheduled theorizing about what the new 600 foot rocket powered RMC TRex will be named and how they will get it to do a loop around sandusky!

Still haven't been able to uncross these circuits...
DJ Fischer

They will use the monorail track to get to Sandusky... Wait,you said, T-Rex. Sorry for interrupting. B-)

I was in the park from 4 to closing. It was cold but I actually felt less cold as the evening went on than when I got there. Last hour as we walked toward the resort entrance the park had an odd ghost town vibe to it. I actually got to ride more yesterday because of the lack of people than I did during my last good weather trip. I had reservations for the whole family but it was just me and one of my kids between the cold and the "everything I want to ride is closed" we lost the rest to the lure of a warm day of gaming at home. They saved us pizza. I'm glad we went.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service