White Water Landing queue sign brought back to life

The team at the Cedar Point Sign Shop has restored the gold and teal sign "Rising Sun Stove Polish" sign that was once part of the White Water Landing queue.

https://www.cedarpoint.com/blog/whats-old-is-new-again

Last edited by Walt,

Walt Schmidt - Co-Publisher, PointBuzz
PointBuzz on Twitter | Facebook | YouTube
Home to the Biggest Fans of the World's Best Amusement Park

That's awesome! Maybe this is part of a larger project in preparation for next year? I'd love to see some more of these old decorations brought back to life and bring life into the areas.

Still haven't been able to uncross these circuits...
DJ Fischer

That’s fantastic! Thanks for the heads up, Walt! 👊

I never noticed how dreary the building has become. The only bit of color was the moss growing on it. The sign dresses it up nicely. Hopefully they add some more.

Truth.
And that shot of the original station has been floating around and I mistakenly thought it was the latest end result. Oops, not so.
Actually, I don’t recall it ever looking like that, and I rode that ride on opening day and many years after. It sure looks mossy now...

It's the little things. I absolutely love it.

TwistedCircuits said:

That's awesome! Maybe this is part of a larger project in preparation for next year? .

B&M Giga confirmed! Looks great, honestly never noticed it before this blog entry. And don't remember it from my visits when WWL was a thing...Might as well say it, bring back a traditional log flume back please :)

Too bad they can't restore White Water Landing.

B&M giga log flume?

First ride; Magnum 1994

Sounds more like something Intamin might try to pull-off.

^Given Intamin's penchant for pushing limits, I wouldn't be surprised if they tried it in the near future.

Steel Vengeance rides: 210

I'd rather be sailing

Marina operations attendant 2021-2023

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service