News: Cedar Fair announces departure of John Scott from board of directors

https://pointbuzz.com/News/Story/3322

Walt Schmidt - Co-Publisher, PointBuzz
PointBuzz on Twitter | Facebook | YouTube
Home to the Biggest Fans of the World's Best Amusement Park

Aside from the points in the news release...that he was the longest tenured board member and that he had been on the board since 2010...is there any real significance to this announcement? He's not a name I am familiar with; does his voice (or now the lack thereof) have any direct bearing on the company's direction and operation? Or is this just another required announcement about a routine change in company governance?

--Dave Althoff, Jr.

/X\ *** Respect rides. They do not respect you. ***
/XXX\ /X\ /X\_ _ /X\__ _ _____
/XXXXX\ /XXX\ /XXXX\_ /X\ /XXXXX\ /X\ /XXXXX
_/XXXXXXX\_/XXXXX\_/XXXXXXX\_/XXX\_/XXXXXXX\__/XXX\__/XXXXXX

There is no longer a News exclusive forum like there used to be. I mean, not all news is sexy...but it's still news.

I doubt Walt posted it for the "likes".

Last edited by Kevinj,

Promoter of fog.

We post press releases because someone keeps a historical record. That someone is us.

Jeff - Advocate of Great Great Tunnels™ - Co-Publisher - PointBuzz - CoasterBuzz - Blog - Music

To be clear am not questioning whether it is newsworthy or whether it should be posted here.

I am wondering if it is something that we, as fans of the park, should care about. In other words has Scott’s presence on the Board had an effect that we would notice? Or is he just one of many equally competent members of the Board?

My impression is that this is just one of those announcements that by itself has no real significance; it complies with the legal notification requirements of a public company, and as Jeff points out that’s something worth recording. I just wanted to make sure that’s all it’s about.

—Dave Althoff, Jr.

/X\ *** Respect rides. They do not respect you. ***
/XXX\ /X\ /X\_ _ /X\__ _ _____
/XXXXX\ /XXX\ /XXXX\_ /X\ /XXXXX\ /X\ /XXXXX
_/XXXXXXX\_/XXXXX\_/XXXXXXX\_/XXX\_/XXXXXXX\__/XXX\__/XXXXXX

It is my understanding that John Scott is largely responsible for recruiting Matt Ouimet as CEO. That's a pretty important factor in the company's history.

Jeff - Advocate of Great Great Tunnels™ - Co-Publisher - PointBuzz - CoasterBuzz - Blog - Music

It is true that, by and large, a company's Board of Directors is like the collective Wizard of Oz behind a curtain some don't even know exist. I doubt the average enthusiast or fan-boy could name even one person on their home park's BOD, or that person's role or influence.

Promoter of fog.

So, Kevinj, basically these Illuminatti figures are on a level higher than the Black Shirt Higher-ups.

On the midway...

Back in the Boardroom....

Last edited by Kevinj,

Promoter of fog.

Cedar Fair keeps a record too. All press releases from 2013.

https://ir.cedarfair.com/news/default.aspx

Well that's neat. Where can we find the photos and video from Luminosity or the Starlight Experience?

Talk was about news/press releases. If you want to talk about photos and video from Luninosity or Starlight Experience, maybe start a different thread? ;) And if you want to hear the latest from the Lemon Chill guy, Investor relations portion of the Cedar Fair website won't be helpful.

I just want to come in and try and cut this off at the pass. Looks like we are starting to have a communication breakdown.

Cedar Fair maintains their own archive of press releases as GoBucks points out. But that's Cedar Fair not Point Buzz.

Point Buzz also works to create a record of news, announcements, events, photography etc. Both from its team and the fourm members.

These are both powerful and awesome tools but most importantly independent. I don't regularly check Cedar Fair press release archive so I appreciate everything being here even if it is technically a duplicate.

To the team that creates and runs PB, thank you!

Still haven't been able to uncross these circuits...
DJ Fischer

I don’t know what we’d do without you.

Do you guys think he had to hand in his black shirt when he resigned??

Been visiting yearly with my now wife to celebrate our anniversary since 2010. Proposed on top of Valravn in '17 during the Sunrise Thrills Tour. Proud owner of two bricks in the Legacy Walk and have a piece of Wicked Twister

^ They burn it off.
(ala "Sons of Anarchy" back tattoo)

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service