Mantis Playlist

I am trying to make a playlist with as many songs as I can remember from the old Mantis music video playlist that played in the queue and went unchanged for years. Here's what I can think of off the top of my head:

Because The Night - 10,000 Maniacs

Time - Hootie & The Blowfish

My Sharona - The Knack

Love Shack - The B-52s

Who else remembers more, or even better, has a master list? Too many years have gone by to remember them all, but I usually remember once I hear them.

I think Funkytown by Lipps Inc was one I remember hearing often.

-- Chuck Wagon --
aka Pagoda Gift Shop

Breakfast at Tiffany's by Deep Blue Something, Only Wanna Be With You by Hootie and the Blowfish and Ants Marching by DMB if I remember were all also on there. Plus the sweet Mantis promos with 90s music.

CP Coaster Top 10: 1. Steel Vengeance (40 rides to date) 2. Top Thrill Dragster (191 launches to date, 4 rollbacks) 3. Magnum XL 200 4. Millennium Force 5. Maverick 6. Raptor 7. GateKeeper 8. Valravn 9. Rougarou 10. Gemini

This recollection makes me want to harm myself.

Jeff - Advocate of Great Great Tunnels™ - Co-Publisher - PointBuzz - CoasterBuzz - Blog - Music

Great topic! I have a burned cassette (LMAO) of this entire playlist somewhere that I will have to dig out of hiding. Anyway.....you can add Tears of a Clown by Smoky Robinson and I Feel Lucky by Shania Twain to your list also. Don't forget the Friends Theme Song by the Rembrandts. Ah....Good times!

Last edited by CPfan1976,

Yes, nothing screams "good times" like standing in line for Mantis long enough to know the entire playlist of songs that they played in that queue line....

380 MF laps
Smoking Area Drone Pilot

^^Isn't "I Feel Lucky" Mary Chapin Carpenter? Or is there another "I Feel Lucky"?

I only rode mantis once but it sounds to me like the Rouge overhaul was as much appreciated for the line changes as the coaster? XD

Still haven't been able to uncross these circuits...
DJ Fischer

The Mantis line fell off a cliff in the early 2000s as the Intamins came online. But in the late 90s, even in the brief era of 3 train Mantis, it was a killer. That line is so hot down by the lagoon, but the big tv in the middle playing this VH1 style playlist on loop plus the Mantis promos were memorable to me. When it opened in 96, I was 11 and it became my 3rd favorite coaster after Magnum and Raptor. Like many of us, as I got older I liked it less and less. Very glad it was converted!

CP Coaster Top 10: 1. Steel Vengeance (40 rides to date) 2. Top Thrill Dragster (191 launches to date, 4 rollbacks) 3. Magnum XL 200 4. Millennium Force 5. Maverick 6. Raptor 7. GateKeeper 8. Valravn 9. Rougarou 10. Gemini

That playlist continued long after the TV monitors stopped functioning, and those Mantis promos still played well into the mid 2000s

The only thing worse than that music was what Mantis did to my crotch.

Never once did I have that issue. Until I learned how to ride it I would have the uncomfortable pressure in my calves. But I never had a crotch issue.

Last edited by Cartwright,

Begrudgingly, I will add to this list;

Alanis Morrissett's "Ironic". I only have this seared into my brain because in the video for this song, she is in the back-seat of a car on an unknown highway whilst a red 1989 Pontiac Lemans drives past her. At the time, I owned a red 1989 Pontiac Lemans, and a running inside-joke with my friends at the time was that I was unknowingly in the video.

That's all I got.

Last edited by Kevinj,

Promoter of fog.

Manic Monday by The Bangles was on there.

We'll miss you MrScott and Pete

And here I thought the intent of queue music was to entertain people. It's a testament to our patience that we were able to survive that dark period in time.Although at the same time, I think FunTV is only slightly better. Can we get another game other than "____ Shuffle?" :)

380 MF laps
Smoking Area Drone Pilot

I'd listen to this playlist in every queue if it meant I didn't have to watch Fun TV ever again.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service