I saw Corkscrew before most...

When I was in Junior High School, our school paper and yearbook staff attended a conferance at Cedar Point. I was thrilled because it was in the Spring, off season. There were not off season visiting opportunities back then...the year Corkscrew opened. The big thrill was that we got to walk out to see the new coaster. We were taken in small groups and walked to the Sky Ride loading area so we got a good view of the coaster. The park's representative told us all about the ride. He regretted the absense of an engineer so we didn't get to see the ride in action. We all received press kits for the Corkscrew. I lost it in a fire but perhaps some of you have acquired one.

All I got was a Disaster Transport press kit. Oh and the opportunity to drive under the Magnum.

I still have the VHS tapes for Raptor and Mantis with the super cheesy animation from before it was built. I watched them over and over again. I was 11 when Raptor came out. It was so cool that they sent it to me.

Joe
Eat 'em up, Tigers, eat 'em up!

I also have the raptor vhs. I must've watched that tape 1000 times in the spring of 94.

I have both the Raptor and Mantis promotional VHS videos. Good stuff!

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service