Tricks and Treats Fall Fest coming to Cedar Point Saturdays and Sundays, Sept. 12 through Nov. 1

https://pointbuzz.com/News/Story/3319

Walt Schmidt - Co-Publisher, PointBuzz
PointBuzz on Twitter | Facebook | YouTube
Home to the Biggest Fans of the World's Best Amusement Park

Rumor has it the park was packed this Saturday.

We were there last weekend and it was busy but not packed. We stayed at Breakers which was not very busy, although I'm not aware of what limits they have been putting on number of available hotel rooms.

Seems like "Fall Fest" has become "Gold Pass Fest".

Last edited by Chuck Wagon,

-- Chuck Wagon --
aka Pagoda Gift Shop

It was busy but I wouldn't say it was packed by any means.

Steve Shives
First Cedar Point Visit - 1972
Dockholder-Cedar Point Marina

The busier the better.

Promoter of fog.

^^ I don't know about that. We were there also and with the 1 hour Corkscrew, Gemini, and 2 hour Raptor wait times, I'd say it was pretty packed. There were a few spots in the park (Gemini midway) that it was tough to social distance. We left after a few hours b/c all the food & coaster lines were pretty backed up. Should've waited until Sunday I guess.

BTW, it felt like last years attendance during Halloweekends except there were no haunted houses this year. Can't imagine what the crowds are going to be like next year at this time if everything is back to normal.

The park just tweeted that reservations will once again be required beginning on October 3rd.

-- Chuck Wagon --
aka Pagoda Gift Shop

I planned my trip a week too early.. I suspect this coming weekend will also be very crowded. So it goes, haha.

380 MF laps
Smoking Area Drone Pilot

Yes this coming Saturday, the final without reservations, could be crazy. Weather looks good so far, look out. Good for the park, both it and Kings Island have been much busier as of late. We were lucky to have FLP for our KI trip 3 weeks ago Saturday.

CP Coaster Top 10: 1. Steel Vengeance (40 rides to date) 2. Top Thrill Dragster (191 launches to date, 4 rollbacks) 3. Magnum XL 200 4. Millennium Force 5. Maverick 6. Raptor 7. GateKeeper 8. Valravn 9. Rougarou 10. Gemini

I took my 6 year old son yesterday, and I give the park a lot of credit for putting together a great event for the kids. It was crowded, but that didn't really impact us a whole lot - we may have ridden a few more coasters if the lines had been shorter, but there was plenty of stuff to keep us busy throughout the day. A few highlights :

- They continue to bring their A game with Halloween decor. Some fun new additions, many classics that have been around for years.

- The costume contest was fun. He loved getting to get up on stage with the "judges" and his "Team". The college kids running the contest had great personalities for the job. Same thing with the "Witch Show" on frontier trail.

- The Trick-or-Treating was updated, and he really liked knocking on doors and having people inside the little houses they've created to give him treats.

- Just like over the summer, they did a nice job moving the live entertainment outdoors. Plenty of stages to see things going on outside in fresh air while socially distancing.

- The tasting card thing was cool. We bought one, and I think got our money's worth. The only downside was that it seemed that the tasting cards were very popular, so most of the food locations had very long lines, and that caused us to pass on some items that sounded good but we didn't want to wait a half an hour for. I'm sure those Fall Tricks and Treats are all pretty high profit margin items, so the cards' popularity is probably a very good thing for their bottom line operating this fall.

All in all, I think the park did a really great job of making lemonade out of lemons with this year's fall operating schedule. I'm sure if someone was there with the intent of riding a whole lot of coasters it might have been a frustrating day, but for our family it was a perfect fit for fall fun.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service