Former Monster Jam area prediction

I know this is where Wildcat used to be, and there were also bleachers here at one point because of the large stage in front of Iron Dragon. Last season they had Monster Jam take over the area and they had the little course set up where the dorms used to be.

Here's my crazy idea. Build a coaster where the dorms were, and I know it's have to be compact but I think it's possible. The loading station would be where bleachers used to be, so you wouldn't have to cross the street like you did for Monster Jam. Imagine how cool it'd be for people driving to the back of the park, to be able to drive under a coaster. Crazy? Yes

Been visiting yearly with my now wife to celebrate our anniversary since 2010. Proposed on top of Valravn in '17 during the Sunrise Thrills Tour. Proud owner of two bricks in the Legacy Walk and have a piece of Wicked Twister

You mean crazy like driving under Magnum XL 200 which has been the case since it opened in May of ‘89?

Plop a Gerstlaur like smiler there and you're set. Or a family coaster would work too.

Still haven't been able to uncross these circuits...
DJ Fischer

I think thats exactly where the New roller coaster is going.

I wouldn’t complain about a bayside GCI. I’m just saying.

^Lake Erie Timbers Hawk?

380 MF laps
Smoking Area Drone Pilot

I would love to see a *compact" boardwalk wooden at the park as well.

DJ Fischer

Seems like a good space for a nice, shiny, new...flat ride.

-- Chuck Wagon --
aka Pagoda Gift Shop

Or where the new 500 foot coaster is starting :) Go out to where the classic cars is in frontier town (Still think after this season its DOA) and back and weave in and out of the other rides :)

I see them moving/changing the road to incorporate that area to within the confines of the park.

number of times to Cedar Point:50s/60s/70s/80s-3,1995-1,1996-27,1997-18,1998-13,1999-20,2000-16,2001-8,2002-7,2003-18,2004-14,2005-18,2006-28,2007-16,2008-17,2009-28,2010-26,2011-27,2012-21,2013-18,2014-24,2015-29,2016-46,2017-13,2018-14,2019-10,2020-0,2021-3 Running Total-483 72,000 miles traveled for the point.

Probably the most likely idea Dennis. I've thought it wouldn't be difficult to do.

DJ Fischer

The area of the midway where the crowd walking thru the crowd standing watching the show has always been a bad situation. Move the stage to by the 'new' road and then that area could accommodate a large show viewing crowd without blocking the midway for those walking thru.

number of times to Cedar Point:50s/60s/70s/80s-3,1995-1,1996-27,1997-18,1998-13,1999-20,2000-16,2001-8,2002-7,2003-18,2004-14,2005-18,2006-28,2007-16,2008-17,2009-28,2010-26,2011-27,2012-21,2013-18,2014-24,2015-29,2016-46,2017-13,2018-14,2019-10,2020-0,2021-3 Running Total-483 72,000 miles traveled for the point.

I thought the same thing ever since Cedars came down. The variety of shows on the midway have been great, so it’s time to build a better designed entertainment venue for it all.

There is no need to build a new venue when the venue they have is great. What needs to be built is a new midway around the venue. So shift Perimeter Road over closer to the Marina and route a new midway that bypasses the stage altogether.

Coming 2021...The live action CP fan cage match arena* Where all online discussions will be settled in a winner take all 3 round match. Two will enter, one will exit. Then the other will exit... probably no one will die. But one will win. So choose your weapons and let's get ready to rumble.

*Separate fee applies. Must be over 48 inches to battle. No food or drink permitted. May close due to lightning or seagull nesting. Ride on.

First ride; Magnum 1994

RCMAC said:

You mean crazy like driving under Magnum XL 200 which has been the case since it opened in May of ‘89?

Nah he means crazy like driving under Ravine Flyer II at Waldameer.

Dennis Urban said:
I see them moving/changing the road to incorporate that area to within the confines of the park.

I thought they would do this when the tore down Cedars. With Cedars gone, visibility has improved through part of that giant S curve but it's still pretty much a blind corner in the latter half.

I would absolutely love to see a wooden coaster there. I'm not convinced it will happen though. For starters, I think the ol' Rona is going to put a crunch on capex for a while. Also boaters in the marina were concerned about the noise from Valravn, then the noise and dust from Monster Jam, so I'm sure they will be concerned about the noise from a wooden coaster ripping around 20 ft from their docks. Especially on the 12am closing nights.

Also while that is a decent chunk of land, I'm not sure if it is large enough to put a coaster there. Although I would be happy to see someone channel their RCT2 skills and build an amazing Twister coaster there.

-Craig
Lifetime Laps on Woodstock Express: 0

I'm pretty sure when they tore down the cedars I watched a couple of videos comparing the available space to that required for the smiler and other compact twisters. I'd have to be on my computer but I could do the same type of comparison for boardwalk bullet.

DJ Fischer

I wouldn't be against them moving Perimeter Road to add some area to the park. They could move the stage which would allow traffic to flow better. I've ALWAYS thought that stage was in a weird spot. I remember watching Luminosity there and watching people trying to part the red sea to get through the crowd

Been visiting yearly with my now wife to celebrate our anniversary since 2010. Proposed on top of Valravn in '17 during the Sunrise Thrills Tour. Proud owner of two bricks in the Legacy Walk and have a piece of Wicked Twister

99er said:

There is no need to build a new venue when the venue they have is great. What needs to be built is a new midway around the venue. So shift Perimeter Road over closer to the Marina and route a new midway that bypasses the stage altogether.

I agree the current stage is a great setup. However, the midway should be treated as a main trunk line, not a branch.

I could also see one of those Vekoma family inverts going there and swooping over by the marina.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service