Sky Ride not running?

I just checked the web cam and it looks like they don't have the Sky Ride operating. Anybody know why? It's a nice day and I don't think there's any wind.

Thanks!

Perhaps Just Coasting was visiting today and they didn't want things to go *too* well for him.

Sky Ride will not be operating on Fridays.

I was there yesterday (Sunday) and it wasn't operating then either. Since the Halloweekend decorations are up, and the CP literature states that the Sky Ride doesn't operate during Halloweekends, I'm guessing that the Sky Ride will be closed the rest of the year. Bummer.

I think it is always subject to change, but you may be right. They updated the page below with a ride update for last weekend specifically, so maybe they are still making decisions week to week.

https://www.cedarpoint.com/welcoming-you-back/when-youre-in-the-park

-- Chuck Wagon --
aka Pagoda Gift Shop

Why is Sky Ride not operating during Halloweekends?

Typically its due to the winds that normally come during September and October but I'm sure staffing also comes into play.

Yea, I would think it's both. The winds are typically strong in October, and I would assume it's not exactly very high on the "rides that are must-haves", so it's probably easier to just pull the plug and not worry about it and just allocate the staff elsewhere.

That said, I always thought it would be fun to have a few buckets running with a "family" of skeletons during Halloweekends.

Promoter of fog.

Wouldn't even have to run it, they could just stage a couple buckets on the line. And if they are concerned about wind mount them to the towers like workers or something!

Still haven't been able to uncross these circuits...
DJ Fischer

I noticed this weekend after being closed all day the Sky Ride would run at the end of the night. Not sure if it was just cycling or they'd open it up to help folks get from Coasters to Raptor

They did that the night I was there as well. I figured with some things closing already at that point they were opening it up so people could get a relaxing ride down the main midway on the way out.

Still haven't been able to uncross these circuits...
DJ Fischer

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service