Utility Markings at Antique Cars

So I usually take these things with a grain of salt, but internal rumors are strongly suggesting that Snake River Falls will be gone after this season. Quite a few employees have started hearing this apparently, of course as with anything this could just be another wild rumor but who knows. Take it for what it is.

So we have rumors of SRF leaving, markings around the antique cars, markings near windseeker, and apparantly fresh paint on wicked twister. I'm thinking all this means that there's a 20% chance of rain tomorrow.

First ride; Magnum 1994

You're definitely loballing that weather forecast. A new coat of paint on wicked twister? That's a certifiable 42.31415% chance of a thundering snowstorm.

If they played with the area around SRF though they could put in a nice log flume or a number of other rides that come to mind. Although I'm starting to question when they will do some stuff not back in frontier town/trail area, it's keeping the area pretty busy.

Still haven't been able to uncross these circuits...
DJ Fischer

Maybe they are finally adding the mountain scenery to Snake River Falls.

Promoter of fog.

Mountain scenery will be added to SRF when it moves to knotts and becomes calico river falls. About the only chance I imagine.

First ride; Magnum 1994

I think you mean Less Perilous Plunge...

380 MF laps
Smoking Area Drone Pilot

I was looking at the webcam towards Millie and on Millenium island (now adventure island) and in the area where Shoot the rapids was there are 2 new semi-new looking buildings (they look un-painted, unless those are part of Forbidden frontier?). we havent been to Forbidden frontier yet since it opened.

There is a rather numerous set of smaller buildings on forbidden frontier. I do know for certain that there is also one part of Snake River expedition on the north end of the lagoon that will be for one of the scenes. The other building you may be seeing that's unpainted is the bridge but I can't speak to that because I don't have the webcams up right now.

DJ Fischer

They are on the far end of the island.. The small one is between the inbound curve of millie and the other one is just to the right.

If you have a screenshot I'll take a look otherwise I'll wait until morning when the sun is better angle. Too much glare right now. That position likely would make it either the Fort, the boats/approaches, or the unfinished cabin for SRE.

DJ Fischer

Wait no last rides on SRF? Give me the Make Me Whole Department NOW NOW NOW!

If SRF goes I would be thrilled if a flume replaced it. I'm not banking on that though.

-Craig
Lifetime Laps on Woodstock Express: 0

Can confirm the buildings you are referring to are the new bridge and the buildings for the swamp access.

DJ Fischer

Did you find time to retask one of your satellites to make an extensive sweep of the CP peninsula?

Last edited by operative_me,

-Craig
Lifetime Laps on Woodstock Express: 0

Nope, had to check with the humint guys. They went out and surveyed park guests to confirm.

I was actually surprised to see how big the bridge looks next to the millennium hill when I saw it on camera. It's definitely noticable. The reference for inside the outbound turn seemed a little vague though, I know Commander Foxes fort would match that location along with anything on the NE end of the swamp but all I could see was what appears to be the SE buildings and footpath.

Definitely can't wait to see it all in person next season.

DJ Fischer

Me too twisted! since our passes are good through next season we passed on this season and the kids will be old enough to ride all the rides.

Anyone look at the height requirements online?? I could have sworn SteVe was 56" minimum but now its 52"... same with raptor.. thought it was 56"....

Steel Vengeance has been 52" since it opened. Raptor has been 54"

Iron Dragon went from 42" to 48" a while back. I also remember when Double Loop at Geauga Lake went from 42" to 48" at one point. Not sure it CP Corkscrew was ever 42" back in the day or not

I hope CP never or doesn't think about considering a B&M Flyer! I rode Manta at SeaWorld Orlando yesterday and i was very uncomfortable and was not fan of it at all! The capacity and operations of them would be a BAD fit for CP!

Its a 500 ft rmc antique car conversion so no worries.

First ride; Magnum 1994

^^I've ridden a few flyers and I've liked them. I think it would have been better than a dive coaster.

Last edited by vwhoward,

Joe
Eat 'em up, Tigers, eat 'em up!

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service